Topic: Problem with MassStorage 10.09 and newst version

hi guys
first thanks for ur best working and helping us.
i have problem with "DP_MassStorage_wnt5_x86-32_1009.7z" to "DP_MassStorage_wnt5_x86-32_1101.7z".
i have a GIGABYTE K8NS PRO main board.
when i install a msdn windows xp sp3, i have no problem
but when i used DP_MassStorage_wnt5_x86-32_1101.7z (alone, just integrate with base 10.06 and just in text mode, with no other driverpacks) when windows finish installing windows xp , and want to boot up for first time , the system restarted before loading page appeared!
this is the specification link of main board
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/produc … id=1783#sp

another is that have problem with some pcs (i'm a software supporter of some companies)
when the first step of windows xp is preparing driver for detecting hard driver (before pressing ENTER and  License agreement), when the loading finished, THE BLUE SCREEN come up!
thanks everyone

Re: Problem with MassStorage 10.09 and newst version

Please read the "read before you post" linked in my signature.  Then post your DPs_BASE.log and HWID list using the utility also linked in my signature.
This will help us narrow down the problem with your system.

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

I have the same problem. Restart in first post - is a BSOD 7B (something like "no root drive found")
I try to make my own CD with SATA support.
Use for test VirtualBox - there is known problem with new I8 driver BSOD in "hardware detection" part in GUI mode install - need to change DriverPack to use I3, it's discussed on thats forum somewhere - thats help BUT... now the same situation is in my laptop with ICH8M and with VirtualBox - TextMode install is OK,sequential GUI mode install is OK, Hardware detection in VirtualBox is ok, BUT first normal Boot - is BSOD
I try to use SCSI and SAS on VirtualBox - it work BUT in hardware manager i see "question" on SCSI controller, AND if i push reinstall driver - system successfully install normal SCSI driver from CD - so it's can find it, but don't do that in installation process... it's strange... may be its a common problem?

ADD: Try to integrate I3 driver with NLite - its work normal on VirtualBox and after first Boot in device manager already is normal SATA driver installed.
So it seems like a problem with no proper integration of all MassStorage textmode driver integration?? hmm

ADD: Found a solution. We a need NOT ONLY to install MassStorageTextMode but usual full package TOO! After i slipstream both of it - installation start to work and i have normal SATA/SCSI/SAS driver installed in device manager right after first boot.

conclusion: only "text mode" driver is not enough - we NEED slipstream usual full mode driver to.

Last edited by kopavel (2011-03-05 23:50:52)

kopavel wrote:

conclusion: only "text mode" driver is not enough - we NEED slipstream usual full mode driver to.

That's not entirely true.  Using UBCD4win (BartPE plugin) it integrates dpms in text-mode-only and all works fine.  Granted that it is only in a PE mode (not full desktop GUI) but it works.
I have yet to encounter a single problem using the new drivers in \I8.  They are pure gold!  I even got a chance to restore a system using an SSD on ICH9M and it worked flawlessly.

I use VirtualBox in all my testing and haven't had a BSOD in over a year.  It's possible that the emulation on YOUR system has issues but I don't know of a situation where the user should select textmode ONLY unless it's for a PE environment.
@Jeff, maybe we should add a warning in DriverPacks BASE for users who uncheck the dpms or textmode options?

In my opinion, DriverPack Chipset & dpms should be checked by default.  They're THAT important to a base install.

Bartpe and winpe only use textmode drivers...

please note that we did change BASE so that when a user selects mass storage it will automatically select text mode too... because of this type of ignorance. you can't make something idiot proof because there is always a new and improved version of idiot. If they can't figure out that thir install fails at PnP mode because they did not install any PnP drivers then they should not be installing windows...

but I will think about it.. since there are resonable circumstances where one might only want one or the other i don't want to paint us into a corner where a user CAN'T select only PnP  or  only TextMode

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

It's not about idiots or PNP, it's about terminology.

If simple user (ok -  talking about my wink ) know about F6 installation method - it's thinks: that mean "text mode driver" , so if i use "text mode" driver in DriverPack i wait the same result - it's pure logical. More of thats, using NLite we get the same result. But have not the same result in DrivePack. F6 (floppy) installation install both (in you terminology - text AND pnp driver). May be thats need to be explained somewhere in interface... exactly about the situation, when people integrate mass storage to have SATA in XP. Pretty common situation i think.
Why I not select both from the beginning? Space on CD. i have "all in one" CD with all soft i need. there each MB in a count wink All I nead - install on SATA machines..

About I8 driver. I use VirtualBox 3.2.12(r68302), (dont like 4.0 thread - it bugy - if i use linux kernel without SMP - it waaaary sloow x[[[ ) and try Original XP SP2 with integrate original SP3 in it (with /integrate parameter). no other tweak, only "DriverPack textmode" - special for testing.. about 70% of "Searching Device" have a BSOD F4. using solution from that thread http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=3366 - its help - so i thing - why switch virtualbox to I8? if he have good tested usage with I3 - so let it remain there, try not to search new problem and case  - thats my point smile But it a DriverPack developers decision - i have no right to push on it wink

Any way - i got result I want, and i do that with DriverPack Help, so BIG thanks for that to developers smile I just try make thats product even better with some part of "critics" smile

Last edited by kopavel (2011-03-06 21:21:54)

If you know for a fact that I8 does not work on your hardware, post your HWIDs so that we may possibly correct any flaws in dpms.

My version of VirtualBox has PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2829&CC_0106
I switch it from I8 to I3 and it work

OK, so does the current dpms work on your hardware directly?  Not using VB, but direct booting on your hardware?
I just want to confirm your hardware is affected and not just a buggy version of VirtualBox.

I install my XP disk (with both TextMode and PNP integrated) on Laptop with ICH8M - there is used I8 and it's work ok. here no other activity needed.

I install the same disk on VB - there is used I3 (originally in 11.01 there is I8, i move PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2829&CC_0106 to I3)  - its' work to smile
When i try install disk on VB with no modified 11.01 version - i have BSOD F4 on hardware detection step because of I8 usage.

I don't try to test 4.0 VB - only on 3.2.12.
I don't ever now if 4.0 VB have the same HWID on it's controller...

Last edited by kopavel (2011-03-07 03:19:09)