Topic: Mass Storage 10.11 used with opsi - help with M/V/txtsetup.oem?

Hi,

we're using the driver packs with opsi to automatically install Windows. With 10.06, everything worked fine, but with 10.11, we get an error message on some computers:

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/4831/opsierror.th.jpg

Apparently opsi tries to parse the M/V/txtsetup.oem to determine which driver files are to be copied for Windows' textmode setup, but the txtsetup.oem seems to be faulty. If I understand it correctly, the following directive refers to a non-existent subfolder "NT5":

[Disks]
D-I386-NT5-RAID="VIA V-RAID Driver Diskette",\x86\VIAMRAID, \NT5

I tried to create this folder and I also copied all the files in there, but that didn't help. I checked in the old driverpacks 10.06, and the txtsetup.oem doesn't exist there, so I believe this is a bug in the driverpack.

Last edited by MartinVW (2011-01-24 22:47:35)

Re: Mass Storage 10.11 used with opsi - help with M/V/txtsetup.oem?

Driverpacks does not use txtsetup.oem files... most of our drivers do not include this file (because we neither need it nor do we use it).

Try deleteing the txtsetup.oem file and see if opsi can properly deal with the driver files without it big_smile. I assume it will because (again) most of the included driver folders do not contain this file anyway and opsi seems to deal with them just fine.

Best of luck...

PS This is the DriverPacks support forum ... um... your not useing DriverPacks / DriverPacks BASE. What you're doing is technically not supported, but well see if we can help big_smile.

I am removing the "BUG" tag from your title because you absolutely do not have a bug... You are not useing a supported method of implementing the DriverPacks. If you use them in an unsupported manner then you can't run over here and cry bug.

Welcome

PS LinMin is (somewhat) supported and is a sponsor of DriverPacks, see our homepage for more info / links.

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

OverFlow wrote:

Driverpacks does not use txtsetup.oem files... most of our drivers do not include this file (because we neither need it nor do we use it).

Try deleteing the txtsetup.oem file and see if opsi can properly deal with the driver files without it big_smile. I assume it will because (again) most of the included driver folders do not contain this file anyway and opsi seems to deal with them just fine.

Yes, that fixed it. I've adapted our packaging mechanism so that this file is renamed to "txtsetup.oem.faulty" when the driverpacks are installed on our production machines to work around this.

I guess that the txtsetup.oem file would be required if the driver was required to be loaded during the Windows setup, but our test machine runs fine without it. Probably it would only be required if we would be using the BIOS fakeraid support, but I'm certain that none of our clients are using this, so it's not really a problem smile

OverFlow wrote:

PS This is the DriverPacks support forum ... um... your not useing DriverPacks / DriverPacks BASE. What you're doing is technically not supported, but well see if we can help big_smile.

I am removing the "BUG" tag from your title because you absolutely do not have a bug... You are not useing a supported method of implementing the DriverPacks. If you use them in an unsupported manner then you can't run over here and cry bug.

Sorry, that was not the intention wink
I just wanted to notify you that I believed this to be a bug, namely a file that seems to contain an invalid path. If this isn't relevant to the DriverPacks project and you therefore close it, it's perfectly fine with me.

Awesome... Got it on the first guess!

Well leave this here (and open) in case others useing opsi get stuck!

Have a great day!

Jeff

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

I make it a point to ALWAYS include the txtsetup.oem file in dpms (when possible) because it contains some valuable info that the .inf does not.  Like you said, it's easy enough to write a script the seek out and rename them all if you need to.

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!