Topic: Dell SX280 Video & Sound, XP Pro SP3

First and foremost, I would like to thank all the project contributors for an astounding piece of work. I had contemplated creating a database of drivers of my own and found that I didn't have the patience for it, so, kudos.

I have a highly mixed (all Dell, though) environment at my shop and I am trying to consolidate my 2x current images in to only a couple that are software dependant, not hardware. In order to keep my images on the smaller side (my largest w/ software is roughly 4GB) I decided that I didn't want to slipstream the entire driverpack set in to the image. What I decided on, and thought would work, would be to slipstream the lan, wlan and massstorage packs in to the install CD with KTD for all driverpacks enabled. Then, after installation, I would run the cmd from another DVD that I had done a standalone driverpack setup on.

While this appears to work, I am running in to a snag with at least two of the drivers for what I had assumed was fairly common hardware. Before I started tearing my hair out, I wanted to see if there was something I'm doing wrong or any quick tips that might solve my issues. First, the hardware IDs for the display adapter:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2782&SUBSYS_01791028&REV_04
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2582&SUBSYS_01791028&REV_04

After running the .cmd file the drivers for these two objects are showing as 'Not installed', though I can still select a  resolution of 1280x1024 which tells me that perhaps Windows standard VGA driver works, but it's still showing not installed.

The second issue is that while the audio hardware (PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_266E&SUBSYS_01791028&REV_03) driver does install, Control Panel/Sounds doesn't show any recognized audio hardware. Of course both of these items work if I snag the Dell or Intel drivers for the specific hardware and install them, but I'm trying to avoid that.

Re: Dell SX280 Video & Sound, XP Pro SP3

First, in your situation (if space is that much of an issue) I would use the Chipset, Mass Storage, and LAN DriverPacks especially since Chipset is so critical to everything else working smoothly.  The rest (or all) could go in a separate SAD disc.  SAD won't work for everything, but it'll cover 90% or better of your workload.
Next, the two graphics HWIDs you posted...only one is in DriverPack Graphics B (folder \I4 specifically).  But VEN_8086&DEV_2582 is not.  Are you sure it's a graphics HWID?  Can you post your entire HWID list?
Last, Dell audio is notoriously difficult to support, since they include just about every controller under the sun and none of their drivers cover all.  Even the overlapping ones cause problems!
In your case the best option would be for you to create your own custom sound pack with all the drivers you'll need.

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

I will do a search, but just in case I don't find it, where would the instructions for creating a custom pack be?

Creating your own Mass Storage DriverPacks
Making your own DriverPacks for n00bs

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!