Topic: MassStorage drivers causing alert messages on UBCD4WIN v3.60

Hello all.

I'm a computer technician and eventually I need to use CDs generated by UBCD4Win. Since I cannot tell which motherboards I'll come across, I need to slipstream as many mass storage drivers as possible.

Then, I found out about DPs_Base... But I'm not being able to integrate its driver packages into UBCD4Win successfully. Let me tell you in advance that I have all DPs_Base packages updated, therefore I'm talking about Mass Storage package v10.10 and DriverPacks BASE software version 10.06.

Particularly, when I integrate Mass Storage drivers and have UBCD4Win generate its bootable CD, I come across 6 alert messages, which are:

Alert: File "KR10N.sys" not found
Alert: File "jraid.sys" not found
Alert: File "mv9xxx.sys" not found
Alert: File "SISRAID1.sys" not found
Alert: File "SISRAIDX.sys" not found
Alert: File "amdide1.sys" not found

Prior to posting this message, I searched the forum for "UBCD4Win", "ALERT", "Mass Storage", and "KR10N.sys" with no satisfactory results.

I have checked C:\UBCD4Win\plugin\DriverPacks.net\MassStorage; those 6 files aren't there, all right. So, where do I find them? It seems they're not available on DP_MassStorage_wnt5_x86-32_1010.7z.

I've just found all those files in another folder (c:\bcd\cds\xp\files\i386) and copied them into C:\UBCD4Win\plugin\DriverPacks.net\MassStorage but the alert messages continue to show. The folder just mentioned is used by UBCD4Win to generate an ISO image that I can use to burn an emergency CD.

I'm running UBCD4Win and DPs_Base under Windows XP Pro with slipstreamed SP3.

Is there any other folder where I should copy those files into or is there any INF file (or INF-like file) which I should edit in order to solve this problem?

Thank you all in advance,
have a nice day,
Henrique Peron

Re: MassStorage drivers causing alert messages on UBCD4WIN v3.60

I'm in the process of finalizing dpms 10.11 (from 10.11r3). 
Where exactly are you seeing these errors?  As part of my testing, I also use UBCD4win 3.6 and I can't duplicate your errors (with my current build).
Which log file are you looking in?
What concerns me are these two:
Alert: File "SISRAID1.sys" not found
Alert: File "SISRAIDX.sys" not found

Those files are NOT part of dpms 10.09 or newer.  BUT they were present in dpms 10.06.  I suggest you clean out your build folders of any old packs and delete the ..\UBCD4Win\plugin\DriverPacks.net\MassStorage folder
It would also be prudent to start with a fresh source just in case.

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

those files are replacements.... IE they are renamed by BASE to KR10N.ORG etc...
We have updated drivers included in our mass storage pack.
Copying them to KR10N.sys won't work... since it is actually looking for KR10N.sy_ ;P
Renameing them will definately blow you up.

This has never been an issue before so i am not sure why you are haveing a problem now.
The DriverPacks are included with UBCD4Win... so why are you adding them?

Jeff

CDOB R U out there?

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

Hi Mr_Smartepaints and OverFlow.

Mr_Smartepants,

thank you very much. Your tip - on deleting \UBCD4Win\plugin\Driverpacks.net\MassStorage folder did the trick. ;-)

Let me enter into details - perhaps they come to be important to someone out there.

I've had to do the following - *in that order*:

1) Use DPs_BASE to integrate MassStorage Drivers into (the folder containing the files of) a bootable CD, which is DPs_BASE's first option.
2) Make use of your suggestion of deleting that folder you mentioned.
3) Use DPs_BASE to integrate MassStorage Drivers into (the folder containing the files of) my BartPE disc, which is DPs_BASE's second option - by the way, clicking on [Yes] to delete BASE when prompted.

Therefore - the way I see it - it's important always to delete the folder mentioned above *after* downloading new packages of drivers from DriverPacks.net and *before* performing those 3 steps I just mentioned.

Thank you all for your attention,
sorry for taking so long to post a reply on your help,
HPeron.

P.S.: I wish you all a Happy 2011!

And now we have discovered your problem...

You Don't update the source you use for creating a BartPE disc... That will blow you up.

Always use a "clean" source for BartPE big_smile.
Clean = A copy of a hologramed disc, although adding SP3 (only) is acceptable.
IE DON'T slipstream DriverPack MassStorage into your source (then it's not clean anymore)
    (Skip step ONE above)

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.