Topic: Why you are using this forum software instead of phpBB3 or Drupal core

Hello

Just wondering why you are using this forum software and not phpBB3 which is really more featured and secured then PunBB?

Also I've realized that bashrate the snakey is really a drupal geek, so why not to make the whole website with Drupal and use the code forum module or the advanced forum module by micheal.

Just my 2 points.

Re: Why you are using this forum software instead of phpBB3 or Drupal core

email Wim, via forum mail feature, and let's find out big_smile (link to this thread)

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

His email is private in his profile.
How to reach him?

in his profile click "Send Email"... or on one of his posts click "Email"... it will bring up a form and you can enter your query and send it

at the bottom of our home page is a "contact" link that takes you here http://driverpacks.net/contact...

I'm sure i can find a dozen other ways to do it...

We get enough spam without posting email addresses in the public forum (we are very popular with Google) wink

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

phpBB has an extremely poor security track record. It's also very bloated (i.e. resulting in slow page loads). Whereas PunBB is less featured, but also extremely fast and it hasn't had any significant security breaches.

Why not switch it to Drupal? Because then I'd have to migrate all the data from PunBB over to Drupal. That's *a lot* of work. Especially if you want to make sure no content gets lost at all and if you want to make sure that all links keep working.

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

Do not want to look or seem silly or noisy and of course you have the final word but I've really almost used every board software and found two things:-

Wim Leers wrote:

phpBB has an extremely poor security track record. It's also very bloated (i.e. resulting in slow page loads). Whereas PunBB is less featured, but also extremely fast and it hasn't had any significant security breaches.

Why not switch it to Drupal? Because then I'd have to migrate all the data from PunBB over to Drupal. That's *a lot* of work. Especially if you want to make sure no content gets lost at all and if you want to make sure that all links keep working.

1) The core forum module for any given CMS will always be a better then any other solution.
2) Latest phpBB3 really proved that it is amazing, stable and secure ... especially that phpBB team will offer in few days an official bridge for both of Drupal and phpBB, and provided that you are really considered one of well known Drupal guys you can have a killer website.
Just my opinion and sorry if I was sound curious but it is just I do like and respect your work a lot since MSFN early days.
Good luck and my best wishes for your DriverPacks project.

Last edited by NourElElm (2010-10-24 09:46:44)