Topic: New XP/2k/2k3 September DriverPacks released

September is Harvest time, and we have a "bumper-crop" for you this year!
ALL NT5 (Win 2000, 2003, XP) DriverPacks have been updated to version 10.09 (except the CPU pack).
These updated DriverPacks are the culmination of hundreds, maybe thousands of man-hours in building, testing & bug-hunting by our dedicated DriverPacks Team.
Our team is made up of a small core of pack builders, a larger group of hardcore testers, and a small army of hobbyists.

"Why do you guys release packs so infrequently?"
I'm glad you asked.  The answer is: Because we don't have enough hardware or people to help.
If you think you have what it takes to help us hunt bugs and make DriverPacks even more awesome than they already are, then post a request in our forums and you may just get accepted into the coolest bunch of people I've had the pleasure of working with and get access to our cutting-edge beta and nightly builds.
DriverPacks is driven by our insatiable urge to improve to perfection.  We are ALL volunteers, from all corners of the Earth.  We do NOT get paid for this work, but the donations we do receive go towards the maintenance and upkeep of the servers.  Our costs are only increasing.

Please help us help you!

*Edit.
This is already in the DriverPack Graphics A changelog but I thought I'd post it here for more visibility.
KNOWN ISSUES:
Nvidia hardware/drivers may give an error at XP install stage T-33.  Do NOT click the button!  Install will proceed normally if you do not click the button.

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

Re: New XP/2k/2k3 September DriverPacks released

Nice to finally find out why xp setup coudnt find a file..

What button arent i suppose to click? the "click any button to continue"? Even if i dont it just shows that msg and do nothing and if i click it says setup failed.

Yes, that's why I said "don't click the button".  If you leave it alone, XP setup will continue just fine and after reboot the drivers are all loaded correctly.
Nvidia 260-series drivers shouldn't have this problem (at least the beta works fine).

What button arent i suppose to click?

I have to boot the dvd of course but after that i dont click anything:)

OK, on SOME Nvidia graphics chips, you'll receive an error at the install countdown T-33 that states:

Failed to install one of the core component which may affect driver functionality.
the most recent driver that worked will now be restored.

The only button on that error is "OK".  If you leave it alone, everything works fine.  If you click the "OK" button, the Nvidia drivers are corrupted.

mr_smartepants wrote:

OK, on SOME Nvidia graphics chips, you'll receive an error at the install countdown T-33 that states:

Failed to install one of the core component which may affect driver functionality.
the most recent driver that worked will now be restored.

The only button on that error is "OK".  If you leave it alone, everything works fine.  If you click the "OK" button, the Nvidia drivers are corrupted.

I see, but i have a intel 945GM tongue

And if i dont click anything nothing happens ofcourse.

did you wait for the PC to finish the installation and reboot?

That is the point of not clicking... nothing is supposed to happen...  big_smile

The installation proceeds normally - the dialog box does not halt the install -
The installation proceeds with no feedback to the user, just as it normally would.

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

Well i get that error when xp setup (DOS part) starts.. not the installation where it copies files etc.

Edit: now i see its for graphic A.. but hm weirdish..wellwell.

Last edited by tcntad (2010-10-11 07:52:06)

Great. I liked that release, as it came out just in time for my build. :)

Last edited by twipley (2010-12-02 02:33:27)