Topic: 0000530: DOSNET.INF should contain following lines;

0000530: DOSNET.INF should contain following lines;

DOSNET.INF should contain following lines;

d1,setuporg.exe
d1,presetup.cmd

Otherwise installation will fail when users are installing over the network !

TXTSetup
Error Cannot find following file ... !

(0000913)
OverFlow (administrator)
2010-04-09 01:55
edited on: 2010-04-09 02:02

All issues must be reported in the forum first.
If it is a bug we will let you know wink.

all required lines are added to the dosnet file by BASE...
Network installs are not supported...
Since We only support disc installation and those entries are not require for disc installation it is NOT a bug.

The graphics anomaly you reported has already been fixed months ago.

I'm sorry for not posting in the forums however,
I got there through clicking BUGS at the main page on http://driverpacks.net/
so I actiually didn't see any forum first !
Maybe remove that button if u don't want new users to click BUGS and be directed to
http://bugtracker.driverpacks.net straight away wink
(OK so I didn't read any guidelines, who does ?)

Even though Network installs are not supported natively,
placing those lines in 'DOSNET.INF' won't cause any trouble, it can only do good
&actiually those are the only changes (except for some OEM folder reprogramming) required so it will support
distributed cd installations.
(Not that i really care though, i was just trying to be nice &signed only to report this 'is NOT a bug';)
You are probably not interested but if you are i can send u the details of what these changes consist of.

This graphics anomaly happens to me with 'DPs_BASE_8125' &this is the latest build ??? i download yesterday (up to date)!!!
I do not have this problem with 'DPs_BASE_805'.
I am running WinXPProx32SP2(dutch) maybe that has something to do with it.
If it's fixed then what version has it fixed ?

Now i'm getting of topic but I used 'SetupCopyOEMInf' in combination with 'WatchDriverSigningPolicy'
looong before i discovered DPsBASE.
I already builded a complete installation builder 'SCRIPT' around it &found it would be too much work too simply adopt too
DPsBASE's method2 with the 'DPINST.exe' &'DevPath' &many other tools.
I do scripted: slipstream, slimdown, DPsBASE, kbslipstream, NLite, svcpack,my own M2 method &UltraISO.
I was wondering what the difference is between my method &this lots of files DPsBASE's method2
There are some comparisions however that i also use the presetup thing &that ATI CCC is installed automatically
simply by including it. (my builder does support networked cd imaged distributions ghehe;)
Too keep things simple i decided to run DPsBASE for the masstorage through an inifile
&then completely remove DPsBASE's method2
then i inject the *drivers*.7z packages &continiue my method.
This works for me and enabled me avoiding a lot of rewriting.
I learned most(all) of this at MSFN.
So what is the best method &what do all these tools do ?, were are the guides so i can learn how u do this &try to understand
the differences between these methods ?

Re: 0000530: DOSNET.INF should contain following lines;

well there is a docs link on the home page... did you try that?
every one of the team members has a link to a tutorial in their signature... hmm
We do have a FAQ's section too big_smile
and a Feature Requests, and here (Feedback and Support - DriverPacks Base)
all good places to start / look.
Since we have been doing this for 7 years it is doubtful if you will find something that is not already covered... in great detail.

AutoImage by RogueSpear does DriverPacks with network installs... So support for that is in place already

DriverPacks BASE includes a platform we call SAD (Stand alone Drivers) which uses dpinst.exe...
(a normal DriverPacks BASE slipstream does not use dpinst.exe - only SAD does)

never run nLite (or anything else) after DriverPacks - That is plastered everywhere.

Looks like you did everything the hard way...
but hey, it's a good learning experience. big_smile
I am impressed and that doesn't happen often.

There have been a dozen or more releases of BASE since 8.12.5, just not public releases.
So technically no, you are not up to date. wink (From my perspective)
Um dutch... good thinking, but not the problem. The window was simply to small for the text, NBD.
Much of our work is never released. Only 100% fully tested bug free work ever gets published.
We have a huge testing team, all work must pass our team testing first.
thanks for your offer to teach me and provide details... IDK how I managed to get by before you got here wink LOL.

Off topic is no prob... we love off topic big_smile.

why do you remove method 2 if you only slipstream mass storage... you must really be screwing things up.
Because if you only slipstream mass storage textmode then M2 will NOT be installed... WTF are you really doing?
(If you read "Read BEFORE you post" AKA Rule #0 linked in my signature you would have known to include your DPs_BASE.log tongue and would have answered that last question...)

you inject the drivers? you mean with nLite? ROFL

You avoided rewriteing... every step listed is a rewrite (confused).

MSFN ROCKS!

M1 retired forget it
M2 only way to go.
SAD - Stand Alone Drivers (Is for software first installs only. BUT it is added during slipstream to your source, just in case you need to use your disc to update a machine at any time... say during a service, or if you add a device to an existing system. It is not used during an install. it is only there to add functionality to your disc, IE you want to update drivers on a running system.)
BARTPE... self explanatory

recommended method.

RVMI or Hfslip, since you use dutch please consider Serebys. Add SP, Hot-Fixes, and updates. (Backup source)
nLIte automate setup - slim down is not recommended, it's going to end up on a DVD anyway CD's are dead. NEVER REMOVE DRIVERS.
leave nLite open at create ISO page (Backup source)
Run DriverPacks BASE M2 with all desired main packs and 3rd party DriverPack for Physx, language and .net runtime if you desire them.
after DriverPacks BASE exits then return to nLite which is still open at create ISO page and... your done (backup source)

If you want a network install or to simply script all the above steps this can be done with RogueSpears AutoImage. Done.

You already found MSFN... that is the best source of info for a beginner that there is wink.

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.