Topic: Can't choose Chipset Drviers

Hello all!

1st of all thanks for the great work which you have done with the DriverPacks.net-Service smile
But now to my hopefully little problem.
Because I get a 0x07 BSOD I tried to install the latest DriverPacks Masstore, LAN and Chipset drivers. I put them in the DriverPacks Folder and stated dps_base.exe. Set it up to BartPE and would choose the DriverPacks. But I can't choose the DriverPacks Chipset. Its just greyed out. Masstore and LAN are working fine. If I look at the update panel he said Iam "up to date" with the chipset driver. But no chance for me to choose them.

So can anybode please help me?

Thx a lot

-___-
cybbe

Last edited by cybbe (2010-02-17 23:26:14)

Re: Can't choose Chipset Drviers

that is becuase chipset is not supported... at least not yet...

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

Yesterday, by mistake, I clicked on "Select all" and was able to slipstream Chipset, CPU, Sound A and Sound B into BartXPE. I thought that wasn't even possible. Bug in Base 8.12.5?

Not a bug... More of an undocumented feature wink  -  Adding the rest of the DriverPacks is NOT supported big_smile.
(It is also possible to do this manually from DPs_BASE.INI)

The rest of the packs, especially DriverPack Sound A and DriverPack Sound B, will fail on most hardware. The plugins that the remaining DriverPacks depend on are not mature enough to support them. The UBCD4Win team, especially Hilander999, is working on updating the plugins they depend on so they will work.

I initially wrote the code to add ALL the DriverPacks... and then disabled chipset and sound because they were / are not reliable. DriverPacks.net always chooses / presents options that do not lead to problems. Selecting Chipset and Sound WILL lead to problems big_smile.  - Note that selecting chipset will quite likely kill any Nvidia based network card you may encounter wink. Also note that selecting chipset will not benefit you in any way. IE since mass storage drivers are the text mode versions (not the PnP enhanced mode) they won't run any better (and may kill Nvidia based ones) if the chipset driver is installed. wink Remember PE uses only text mode drivers (16bit) so the only benefit might be a cosmetic one in device manager. If Highlander finishes updating the HWPnP Plugin that may change... The problem is thousands of lines of registry entries simply do not exist in PE...

PE is NOT a windows OS! its an installation / recovery tool wink PE = Preinstallation Environment

I would thank you for reporting... except you did not mention whether or not it worked smile tongue wink

PS I NEVER said it was not possible.
I said it was not supported and it is not supported.
It's Not supported by us, nor by UBCD4Win nor anyone else wink.
I would very much like to hear how it works out for you!

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

OverFlow wrote:

I would thank you for reporting... except you did not mention whether or not it worked
I would very much like to hear how it works out for you!

Sorry lol. I was building and testing using Qemu. I did not burn a DVD. But to my surprise sound worked fine! All builds I've done since included just the supported DriverPacks.