Topic: UpdateChecker - Where did you get that?

Hi, it's been a while since I've used driverpacks and I was wondering about the latest driverpacks. Under the latest, there is no entry for Chipset, Lan, MassStorage, and WLAN. I had the old driverpacks that I used last year and when I ran the updatechecker it said "where did you get that?". Are these 4 packs obsolete now? Thanks.

Re: UpdateChecker - Where did you get that?

It was (is) a bug on the server due to adding NT6 drivers to the download page

- I belive it is fixed now wink

Pardon our dust!

Edit Nope still broken...

I reported it to Wim.  We will have to wait for a resolution from him!

Thanks for reporting it makes DriverPacks better for everyone!!!

PS Those packs ARE still in use.
     There ar not any updates for them yet either so you haven't missed anything wink.
     You can go to http://driverpacks.net/driverpacks (home page) to get / verify them manually if you wish wink.

Last edited by OverFlow (2010-01-21 19:30:54)

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

Thanks OverFlow. smile I was so confused about those packs when BASE said that and that they weren't even listed on the website for the "latest".

I checked BASE just now and the only one that still says "where did you get that?" is LAN.

ALSO, is there supposed to be an entry for the new graphics_languages and graphics_physx packs in BASE?

Last edited by yiuc1 (2010-01-22 02:14:21)

I would like to further confirm the existence of this issue.

I am using the DriverPacks BASE 8.12.5 that is integrated in UBCD4WIN 3.5
When I run the UpdateChecker the LAN DriverPack option stays grayed out.
I did download fresh versions of the LAN DriverPack from the DriverPacks website.

I have tried the two versions of the LAN DriverPack I list below,
both give the error 'Where did you get that?':
Dec 25, 2008 Windows 2000/XP/2003 x86 LAN - 8.12.1
May 30, 2008 Windows 2000/XP/2003 x86 LAN - 8.05.3

Thanks!

Last edited by MooreMN (2010-01-26 09:48:32)

MooreMN wrote:

I would like to further confirm the existence of this issue.

These are not issues big_smile tongue LOL - kep readin I'll show you issues !!! tongue

MooreMN wrote:

I am using the DriverPacks BASE 8.12.5 that is integrated in UBCD4WIN 3.5

Why didn't you post in the UBCD4Win forum here at DriverPacks?
http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewforum.php?id=32
- Oh yeah... not an issue with bartpe is it... :S

MooreMN wrote:

When I run the UpdateChecker the LAN DriverPack option stays grayed out.

Naturally... That is because you have the latest versions. There are no updates so that option is grayed out.

MooreMN wrote:

I did download fresh versions of the LAN DriverPack from the DriverPacks website.

I have tried the two versions of the LAN DriverPack I list below,
both give the error 'Where did you get that?':
Dec 25, 2008 Windows 2000/XP/2003 x86 LAN - 8.12.1
May 30, 2008 Windows 2000/XP/2003 x86 LAN - 8.05.3

That is an excellent question.  'Where did you get that?'

I just checked an you are NOT on the testing team... So where did you get that? rofl.
Not from here http://driverpacks.net/downloads smile roll
You are a cheater and a sneak wink LOL

That is Bâshrat the Sneaky's idea of a joke! for people who are using our test packs... smile
he did that over five years ago and i have never changed it... I also think it is amusing.

--- Those messages are supposed to come up when you are using our test versions what we call nightlies. (beta versions)

I believe we already explained this issues cause / resolution / timeframe and workaround : http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic. … 136#p36136

Wim AKA Bâshrat the Sneaky is still working / in progress on the new site... Would you like me to explain that more slowly wink smile tongue

HERE IT IS IN BIG PRINT - THERE ARE NO UPDATES! YOU HAVE THE LATEST VERSIONS. Any questions?
---((( There is NOTHING I CAN DO about this. Wim is in the middle of his final exams and will not have time to address this issue any time soon!)))---

THANK YOU FOR REPORTING IT!... AGAIN... How much did you guys say you donated...? free work takes a back seat to exams and paying jobs, and kids, and dinner, and my nap wink.

I added Muiz's Vista / Win7 driverpacks to the site for the first time last week and exposed a bug...
I don't have root access to the site... There is nothing I can do about it...
So I (we) have to wait for Wim to have free time to fix the bug. OK? I have to suffer through it just like you do!
As a matter of fact I got my @$$ reamed for trying to implement / come up with a work around...
And those donations which are few, small and far between don't go into my paypal acct. We hve about as manyof thse as we have people volunteering to help update the packs... about one a year. Consider that we have over a million downloads a week and do the math = About one in fifty million people ever wants to do anything but complain about an Awesome / Free product.  I dare any of you to find a post that only contains positive / grateful content. You will be hard pressed to find more than one that even contains it wink. "If you're not part of the solution..."

We are aware of the issue... obviously. You found this report.
(@MooreMN and others reading this... Thanks for searching... that makes you brighter than 90% of our first time posters - Duely noted big_smile!) 

PS 3rd party DriverPack like physx, languages, runtime and others are NEVER listed. only Main Packs / releases wink

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!

OverFlow wrote:

PS 3rd party DriverPack like physx, languages, runtime and others are NEVER listed. only Main Packs / releases wink

Thanks. I didn't realize those were 3rd party packs. They used to only be listed in the forums. That cleared things up smile You're always so helpful OverFlow.

LOL - a post containing only grateful content... Thud... I fell out of my chair wink.

Um... even though those packs are provided by the main team they must be put in the 3rd party DriverPack folder.
From the the perspective of DriverPacks BASE they are 3rd party DriverPack. To us humans they are not since they are provided by our team (really just mr_smartepants).

I added them to the site / main download page because with our new site setup I can. Woo Hoo!

PS Wim fixed the update checker / site issue this morning... this issue should now be solved!!!!

Have a great day!

Too funny!