Topic: Looking for a webcam...

I am looking for a webcam that can handle the light of the outdoors for my truck. The camera will be mounted inside, but will point down the highway in front of me.I bought a Logitech Quick Connect E2500. It worked great - for about a day. But, I've been driving in snow-covered areas with bright skies. Now, the only thing the camera sees is pure white - EVERYWHERE. I'm guessing it's burnt the CCD out giving it snow-blindness.Adjusting the exposure down does nothing. Adjust it up, and what little I can see goes white.

SPAM link removed by moderator

Re: Looking for a webcam...

Moved to hardware...
I have a logitech quickcam fusion (built in mic).  The software does OK with the color/light balance but it's not perfect.  Are you sure you're using the latest drivers/software?

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

do you have an extra pair of sunglasses? (think outside the box)
A broken pair would be ideal you just need one lens, like a monocle big_smile

- did you try it inside afterwards?

If you did burn the CCD its new and under warranty take it to the store. wink
if you bought it online or whatever Logitech has great service i'm sure they will replace it.

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

You buy an aptech 4 web cam that is a very good web cam for you.

I have a logitech webcam and i got no problems with it.  It's mounted on top of my lcd monitor though a clip.  If you are getting a new one, i suggest that you get the one with led light and sensor. It automatically adjusts and flashes the led if it thinks the room is too dark. Most webcams already have a built-in microphone so that would be no issue.

Definitely find a webcam with ISO adjustment manual or automatic. I would also think about using a normal video recorder and hooking up to the computer. Those come with easy lighting adjustments.