Topic: CAB compression of drivers for Method 2 and KTD

A substantial amount of hard disk space could be saved if the drivers stored on the local hard disk as a result of KTD were to be cabbed.  Since you have already written the code to do all of this for the creation of a QSC, it should be relatively easy to add this feature wink

Re: CAB compression of drivers for Method 2 and KTD

But could you just search through them as easily as if they were extracted?
I think not since you always have to point to the *.INF file.

Or is this handled automatically (ie the path is known to Win and it will search there, just as it does with its own driver.cab)?
I never used KTD, so I wouldn't know...

RogueSpear means, at least I think so, that EACH file should be CABbed separetely. And that IS supported by Windows.

Will do RogueSpear, will do smile This is one of the most obvious features that still had to be implemented.

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

BTW I didn't mean to imply "right now!"  wink  I just thought it might help to have the feature request documented in the forum for later.

RogueSpear wrote:

BTW I didn't mean to imply "right now!"  wink  I just thought it might help to have the feature request documented in the forum for later.

Of course not smile

Just to let you know that it would have been a somehow sneaky new feature in one of the next updates wink

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com