Topic: Newbie here... Need help, of course!

Hi there,

This is probably my first post here so don't blame me too much, ok?

I've read the basic tutorial on DP integration but didn't find an answer to a couple of questions:

1) Do DriverPacks replace old/default drivers supplied with WinXP disk? If yes, is it possible to remove default drivers with nLite first and then add DriverPacks? If not, does it mean that DriverPacks install together with default drivers?

2) How can I get more info on DriverPacks? I can see there are several Graphics (and Sound) driverpacks (A & B) and no matter which one I choose, I can see ATI and nVidia drivers inside both packs... Which one should I choose?

2) I use an all-in-one .NET installer merged using info found at MSFN forums. It contains all versions of dotnet up to 3.5 SP1 and installs through RunOnceEx (it's actually the first soft in the ROE list followed by other software). So, if I choose to install DP graphics pack for ATI or nVidia and want respective panels installed together with drivers, which method of integration should I choose - GuiRunOnce (winnt.sif) or ROE?

That's all for now! Thanks in advance, guys!!!

RUSTAM

Re: Newbie here... Need help, of course!

simurqq wrote:

1) Do DriverPacks replace old/default drivers supplied with WinXP disk? If yes, is it possible to remove default drivers with nLite first and then add DriverPacks? If not, does it mean that DriverPacks install together with default drivers?

For the most part no... most drivers included with windows have not been updated since they were included wink. There are a few that are included because they were neccessary for certain reasons. Don't ever delete the included drivers with nLite or other method.

simurqq wrote:

2) How can I get more info on DriverPacks? I can see there are several Graphics (and Sound) driverpacks (A & B) and no matter which one I choose, I can see ATI and nVidia drivers inside both packs... Which one should I choose?

Graphics A is Gaming Graphics B is Business  (Quadro vs GeForce) C is the older drivers (Catchall) and are considered unlikely to ever be updated again / archive. Like Voodoo graphics drivers.

simurqq wrote:

2) I use an all-in-one .NET installer merged using info found at MSFN forums. It contains all versions of dotnet up to 3.5 SP1 and installs through RunOnceEx (it's actually the first soft in the ROE list followed by other software). So, if I choose to install DP graphics pack for ATI or nVidia and want respective panels installed together with drivers, which method of integration should I choose - GuiRunOnce (winnt.sif) or ROE?

Why are there two "2)"s in your post???

Both will likely fail... .net needs to be installed before the ATI control panel... a reboot is a good idea too. .net idealy would be installed prior to GUI mode setup... IE in WinPE mode setup like from svcpack.inf smile. most all in one packs will not install from svcpack setup... some will... I install roguespears .net2 from WinPE for just that reason. I then install the rest of teh .net packages from GUI mode wink. You can do this many ways that are all correct... i offerd how i do it only as a single example of at least one way that does work. Everyone here likely does it differently except that we all install .net before we run the DriverPacks Finisher.

Welcome to DriverPacks. Excellent questions.

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.