Topic: Custom Folder

Hi everyone,

first things first, these driver packs have saved my bacon loads of times @ work, so lovin em big time!

i cant seem to find if this has been posted anywhere before, but maybe some-one can point me in the right direction.
I'm using the "driverpacksbase" to do the driver install during an automated XP install, which works 100% btw. whats giving me grief is i cant seem to have it extract all the files needed to a custom folder that can be deleted straight after install, if i look on the root of the system drive, i have over 30 files left over from the install & the "cleanup"

anyway i can change the temp installation folder to one of my choice so i can then have cleanup remove all the files?

any help would be appreciated!

rich

Re: Custom Folder

in use files are deleted after a reboot...

just reboot wink

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

hi overflow, even after a reboot i am still left with the 30 or so files! they are excel sheets that seem to contain hardware ID's!

tusk wrote:

left with...excel sheets

GOTCHA! wink
You've been using 'nightly' builds you little sneaker! smile
Excel files and 'changelog' files are all removed from final builds.  They only exist in nightly/beta testing builds and they are not deleted on purpose.

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

ah, thanks for the info mr_smartepants.
explains a few things!
smile

We have detected a sneek!!!!

You have been poking around in our testing team files? without permission????

we are going to have to stick our tounges out at you now tongue

Please do NOT use the test packs except for testing... If they were stable they would have been released wink

Test packs are not supported unless you are on the testing team or if you are invited to test a particular pack for a particular device. If you were on the team you would then be aware of what issues we already know exist in those packs. (kinda silly to have you reporting issues in the open forum that the team has already documented. LOL) Without testing team access you are blind to the known issues. (Known to the team)

If you use our Alpha and Beta DriverPacks you will have problems... and those problems are not supported wink big_smile
IE You can't object to having our notes left behind on packs that are designed ONLY FOR TESTING...
(Who cares if there are some stray files on a test build on a test machine... RIGHT?

Plus it helps us bust the cheaters tongue

All kidding aside, We don't secure our test packs so people can get at them if they are able to do some looking around on thier own... We can figure if you can find them then likely you can handle the issues you cause yourself... And take a little teasing when you are caught with your hand in the cookie jar wink.

Just don't use the nightly builds for production machines... we never include Beta or alpha drivers in releases you might however find beta drivers in a nightly sad.  We are not going to ask you to put the cookie back, as long as you remember that it just might spoil your dinner. lol
- But you have been warned, if they were valid, stable and bug-free packs we would have released them big_smile
Hint: a pack with an rc in the version is probably worth trying ONLY IF you have a device of that type that is not being installed correctly or at all wink  If you are not haveing any problems then you don't need test packs smile

Have a great day - and thanks for making us laugh!

Jeff

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.