Topic: Regarding 3rd party sound drivers

Hey all

OS --> Windows XP PRO SP3
Driverpack--> SAD

With the help of Overflow I was able to prepare a nice SAD and added my own 3rd party drivers, (thank you OverFlow). Everthing is working  except for one thing. I have added the drivers for both SoundMax and Segmetel for both of the laptops and they get picked up by driverpacks and they get installed. When I look in the device manager it is completly clean and no drivers are missing.

However, when I try to play music to test out the sound within media player, it gives me a error claiming there is a issue with you sound. I will then have to un-install Microsoft UAA bus driver and then do a search for new hardware, which it then finds it and then I will need to point to my 3rd party driver to get the driver installed. Once I do that, everything is prefect and works like a charm.

Why does it do that, and why do I need to re-install UAA and then the driver to get it to work.

Thank you.

Re: Regarding 3rd party sound drivers

It is possable that a reboot is required?

it is possable that the sound cards installer may need to be run to bat cleanup in a sysprep w/ SAD image.
if that is the case we can use the finisher to make that happen.
(does the sound card have an installer and does it fix the issue if it is run?)

what are the HWIDs for the two misbehaving units.... do you know which driver they liked (folder D\S\...)?

Curious - which method did you settle on for mass storage support?

You're welcome!
Thank you for reporting your results!

Jeff

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

Jeff;

Well after testing and testing with the driverpack i ended up doing it the following way.

1) Add all the 3rd party drivers i needed into 3rd party folder
2) Run the db_base command and select SAD
3) Select all the drivers but de-selecting the MASS storage check box
4) Select method 1 etc,
5) Keep the other parts default and then slipstream it.
6) After slipstream is completed i copy it over to a usb key and drop it over to the root of C of the ghosted pc

Run the following commands
7) c:\devpath.exe c:\d
8) sysprep\ROE.exe 937
9) Then my sysprep command --> c:\sysprep\sysprep.exe -reseal -activated -mini -pnp -quiet

Pc turns off after sysprep completes and then i boot it up into the network and dump the image using ghost onto the network.

Once its completed I then give it a try and let it load into Windows, sysprep runs and honestly everything gets install prefectly on the three laptops and the sound even works as well. (I will explain what I mean later on, on why the sound didnt work.)

I then take the same image and dump it onto the other 2 computers, 1 of them installs perfectly and the other one also installs itself but except for the following two drivers; as I need to update them within device manager after the image gets installed; they are

Video --> q35 chipset
Lan --> 3 com

Now the strange apart about that is that the drivers are within the driverpack (not as a 3rd party) but you will need to point to the driver folder to update them as they are marked with a yellow symbol in device manager after sysprep does its thing.

Now I started this thread because after I install Windows xp with SP3 and with no drivers installed yet, I run the DB_install to see if all the drivers gets installed. Everything gets installed but the sound does not work even after a reboot. So I would have to un-install UAA and then let windows pickup the new device and it gets installed from using the driver from the driverpack.

I then noticed I needed to do this to every pc when I dump this image without sysprep as I would just run the db_install file. Then it came to my attention maybe it needs sysprep and let sysprep force the driver. So I did the following steps listed above and as of now it worked on 2 of the laptops, i still need to test the other two computers when I get back to work on Monday. Will keep you posted if it worked.

Now in regardes of the Mass Storage support. Within my sysprep.ini it only contains the windows mass storage files under mass stroage. I did not borther with adding the mass storage drivers to that section as it seemed to work without it. Do I need it? Do you think I should of selected the Mass Storage check box within DB_base?

Anyhow what do you think about the above method? Personally I think its great but if you know even an eaiser way with using sysprep then please tell.

Thanks Again

P.S. I was more then happy to donate, and its not the last time thats for sure.

Best
Paul

Well you can deal with adding mass storage on an as needed basis... Just use Galepos OffLine SysPrep to add them at any time smile.

as far as advanced tips - you will have to wait for one of those other crazy sysprepers to show up... I am not fond of SysPrep at all...
My knowlege of sysprep is general in nature. I only use it as a last resort. (migrateing a machine to a new platform when a clean load is not possable [perhaps because of an existing program that can not be installed on a new PC]) We have some real SysPrep Masters lurking in the shadows... I am CERTAIN they will show up and defend sysprep as a deployment tool (and that is why they are crazy wink) and provide you the finer points of using it. There is more than one way to attack each obstical you may encounter lets see what the masters offer as they come out of the woodwork. We will learn together smile

PS jsut because i hate it does not mean i am not interested in learning all i can about it wink

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!

Question,

do I need to do anything in regards of the HAL. I took a look at the offline sysprep and its pretty much just a gui but are all the things mentioned by Galepos necessary? I mean I have been doing it since day one the way listed above and even before I started using driverpacks my sysprep command stayed the same -->  c:\sysprep\sysprep.exe -reseal -activated -mini -pnp -quiet

Just wondering
Thanks

did you look in the testing team forum too - there are some more recent posts about sysprep there wink

PS OffLine Sysprep is MUCH more than 'just a GUI' especialy where mass storage is concerned... wink

Many of the guys are fond of mysysprep for HAL...

When i try to create the module for BartPE for Mass Storage, I get the following error when i click on slipstream:

There are not yet any slipstream modules avaiable for the selected platform!

According to the offline sysprep, I need this module for the mass storage section.

Thanks

That message indicates that you chose a "location" that has no OS (Platform) that is compatable.

IE if you chose Disc then it was looking for a copy of XP or 2K3 or 2K.j
If you chose BartPE then it is looking for the BartPE Plugins folder.

I assume you did not "Browse" to your BartPE 'plugins' folder on the Select A Location page ov DriverPacks BASE...

BartPE tut is in my signature and it is also in the docs folder of BASE...

If you do not yet have BartPE... I think you are in for a treat... Please Download UBCD4Win and build a Disc smile