Topic: May I use DriverPacks before nLite

Hi, I'm a newbie. Please help me with the order of DriverPacks and nLite.

In this instruction you warned that we should do in this order: 1) nLite, 2) Updatepack, 3) DriverPacks.

My question is whether I can use DriverPacks before nLite, because DriverPacks doesn't have a Make ISO function. Is the following steps feasible?
1) copy Windows XP SP3 (MSDN edition) to the hard disk
2) Use DriverPacks to slipstream
3) Use nLite to make an unattended installation image file

Thanks.

Last edited by pclover (2009-02-20 19:37:18)

Re: May I use DriverPacks before nLite

NO... ABSOLUTELY NOT you will destroy your source~!

however you can leave nLite open at the make ISO screen while you run DriverPacks and use nlite after DriverPacks to make your ISO.

if you make ANY changes after DriverPacks AT ALL you will have junk

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

Hi pclover,

the link you got that wisdom from was written in 2006. (the tell-tale is the version numbers of the packs it is about.)

In my signature, I again link to our somewhat outdated (albeit outdated.. it still has tons of useful insights..) collaboration base tute

I've been scarce, I know that. I should try put time in this tut and should start a new colllaboration effort so as update it, but there're several reasons for my being scarce, so it may not be soon.

(I wish the economic crisis did not bite. It bit.)

Last edited by Jaak (2009-02-19 12:01:34)

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

OverFlow wrote:

NO... ABSOLUTELY NOT you will destroy your source~!

however you can leave nLite open at the make ISO screen while you run DriverPacks and use nlite after DriverPacks to make your ISO.

if you make ANY changes after DriverPacks AT ALL you will have junk

Yes. I know why I frequently get a warning when nLite processes the source files, because nLite must be used before DriverPacks.

I also solve another issue from your another post.

Thanks so much.

Jaak wrote:

Hi pclover,

the link you got that wisdom from was written in 2006. (the tell-tale is the version numbers of the packs it is about.)

In my signature, I again link to our somewhat outdated (albeit outdated.. it still has tons of useful insights..) collaboration base tute

I've been scarce, I know that. I should try put time in this tut and should start a new colllaboration effort so as update it, but there're several reasons for my being scarce, so it may not be soon.

(I wish the economic crisis did not bite. It bit.)

Thank you for the detailed DP_Base Tutorial. Now I have installed my unattended ISO in a virtual machine successfully.

We are so glad to have been of service!

have a great day M8

Jeff

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

I have used nLite AFTER DriverPacks integration, but ONLY to make an ISO file:

1. Run (Wi)nLite to make changes to source folder.
2. Run DriverPacks to integrate drivers including 3rd party, if desired.
3. Run nLite and ONLY select MAKE ISO option (no other changes after DriverPacks integrated).
4. Burn ISO as image file and go off to the races.

I've done it this way at least a hundred times and it always works.

Heck, with the great support available here, how could any of us get it wrong? <grin!>

Thanks again to the whole team. When I'm not learning from you, I am entertained, at least.

Best wishes from Atlanta, GA.

MARK STRELECKI
http://www.strelecki.com