Topic: [Ignore, my bad] The amazing disappearing feature !!

Under the previous DP base release (8.05), if one chose to use the custom finisher method, there would be a nice pop-up box describing what had to be done to start the finisher and the appropriate command line would be copied to the clipboard.

With DP base 8.12.3 this feature seems to have gone the way of the Dodo.
================================================================================

Oops, it occurred to me later that as DP base was running off an existing DPs_BASE.ini it would assume that I already knew how to launch the finisher.

Sure enough if I changed to another way to start the finisher and then changed back I got the pop-up box.

Last edited by Kurt_Aust (2009-01-16 18:20:24)

Re: [Ignore, my bad] The amazing disappearing feature !!

Oooohhh you found a BUG...

you now have the rare privledge of reporting it at the bugtracker and tapping your foot till i get it fixed...

it is a rare opportunity wink big_smile

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

OK thanks for reporting.... i may still take a look at it so it will pop up every time wink

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!

Oh i see now if that is preselected there is no popup...

We can assume that if it is selected taht you have already seen that message
because it is not the default choice the user must have selected it at some point.

Thanks for reporting!

Perhaps just add something along the lines of:

The command to run the finisher is: %SystemDrive%\DPsFnshr.exe

to the text box at the bottom of the finisher method selection page, there's plenty of space.

I get to look at the fora here often, but missed original post before edit.

Hi time I invest into new hardware and nuke it for DriverPack MassStorage and nuke it to newer DriverPacks BASE with DriverPack MassStorage and clean nuke it for newer DriverPack MassStorage.
VM don't make good comparison to live metal, and testing 'our' mettle needs a kettle.

Kurt?
You are one of the people I saw active in the battle for silicon hyll and in other such.

I see you are aware of the ins and outs of DriverPacks, so it is no surprise to see you help us find out about what new DriverPacks BASE with new DriverPacks looks like, in your way of doing things.

Each "module- aka- method" has (or had) its own merit, and its own peculiarities scripts written to each.
Each driver had its own peculiarities written into exceptions, and that sometimes had to be done per method.

I am using had.
I wished I can use had in a true sense, but I know Jeff has seriously tried to (un)separate DriverPacks BASE code from legacy exceptions we have known to be issue if together.

Was I absent?
Did I seemingly leave the scene?
Erm, yep. seemingly.
Was I gone?
NO. And the core of team knew why some of the erstwhile heavies have to adjust.

We all need to adjust to Jeff.
smile

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

Jaak wrote:

Kurt?
You are one of the people I saw active in the battle for silicon hyll and in other such.

Don't think so, not an online gamer.

Most of my testing is done in VMware as my base OS is XP x64, but I do have two Y2K era boxes that I use for real world tests every couple of months.

Unfortunately my dual P3-1000 server (Intel STL2, scavenged from work) uses a SCSI controller that while part of the standard Win 2000 Mass Storage drivers is marked "do not load if OS=W2K" in the mass storage driverpacks.

Also I picked up a Sun 64-bit PCI 4-port Ethernet card for $5 at a local computer fair for it, but under Windows it keeps throwing up a hardware error.  Under Linux it works and shows up as ... wait for it ... "Sun Happy Meal".

Last edited by Kurt_Aust (2009-01-17 13:09:59)

silicon hyll is a reference to the pain we all suffered with SI 3xxx series controllers
they conflicted with themselfs... the raid and non raid drivers would Kill each other and could not coexist...

we fought that battle for... it seemed like a year...

what's the HWID for that intel SCSI?.
From the top of my head, that must be old, like real 16 bit? or 32bit like UW2?

After wide, you got ultra wide (What I used as well) and  ultra wide 2, and by then I was in the IDE 133 RAID (because IDE drives was a lot cheaper) so I lost the "feel" in real scsi.
hmm. There are two guys in the USA with an old controller and a working scsi drive, and the differnce is that one of those guys still uses the 8 speed scsi burner I threw in as gift. nine years apart, same sort of hardware. Still works.
Small wonder we paid a fortune then.

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

Not sure what the HWID is (it's a right pain to find under Linux), I can however tell you that it is an:
Adaptec aic7899G Ultra160 SCSI adaptor

Now if only there had been written a Windows driver for this rather cool network card:
http://sunsolve.sun.com/handbook_pub/va … tEther_PCI

without the HWID and you provideing a link to a known working driver it will not be added...

We can't / wont add a driver if we cannot verify it is working... that is up to you!

There's no problem, to get W2K to install I simply don't integrate the mass storage drivers as textmode.

As for the network card, there are no Windows drivers, Solaris & Linux only.