Topic: Where to begin?

I'm sorry if this question has already been answered.  (I couldn't find it anywhere)

I work for a medium sized company (400+ pcs) Right now I have a bunch of separate ghost images for each model, mostly Dell laptops and desktops.  I use a custom ghost boot cd to boot the client to the network to pull the image down to it. 

I'd like to make a master image that will work on all pcs (dells, some compaq and hp as well).  Without using a cd or dvd with the image on it like most of you use it seems, I'd just like to pull the image from the network like I have been doing.

I'm at the point right now of having a pc the way I'd like it to look, sysprep ready to go, etc.  A guide that I am using states the next step is to get all the drivers in one location, ie c:\drivers OR to use sysprep driver scanner which will save a lot of time.  After this I'd like to use Ghost console to create the image.

My question is (finally) will sysprep driver scanner work for me at this point?  If so, how exactly am I suppose to use it?  The tutorial/guide for it doesn't seem to apply as it is talking about creating a cd or dvd where the image will reside.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions on how I should proceed.

Bill G.
Seattle Genetics

Re: Where to begin?

Read the stickied topics in universal imageing forum here at DriverPacks...
then ask away!

Welcome to DriverPacks

lookup Galapo's OffLine sysprep tool too...
also take a look at SAD (to be renamed SoFI) in the Frequently Asked Questions forum here....

There is a boatload of Info to get you started thinking about your best path.

I intend to add Sysprep to the DriverPacks BASE soon so that will help a great deal in the near future

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

I'm at the point right now of having a pc the way I'd like it to look, sysprep ready to go, etc. (gratuitous link removed) A guide that I am using states the next step is to get all the drivers in one location, ie c:\drivers OR to use sysprep driver scanner which will save a lot of time.  After this I'd like to use Ghost console to create the image.

ban?

it seems like a legitimate post other than the link to h*ll
i will remove the link for now...
somebody already noted his account with "Likes to post spam"
his days are numbered...

edit wow that is cut and pasted form the post above it... yikes

he's out of here

Last edited by OverFlow (2008-12-18 18:59:52)

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.