Topic: Possible fully silent installation with pre-set *.ini file ???

I would like to install drivePackage with this installer. It is great.
How do I to 'pre-set' the  steps to select all ,unpackDp (either 1 method or 2 method) like yes to auto-install in the .ini file?   Is it possble   ???  How ???

most case:

select all packages  and
2 method

Last edited by swbchen (2008-09-14 23:14:56)

Re: Possible fully silent installation with pre-set *.ini file ???

for a fully silent install you will need to have your application approved by Bâshrat the Sneaky for API mode.

you can however have an automated install...

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

where can I find the refernce about it ???!!!!

if you would use the search feature... (That is how I find references)

gui=no in the ini will automate the install...
if you can't get that far on your own...
you probably don't need to be automateing your install... sad

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!

Hi ! Thank you first .
Here is my dp_wsed.ini

[Program]
Initial=yes
Start From=Non CD
AppMainPath=C:\drivers\DPInstaller_WSED.exe
Workdir=C:\WINDOWS\dp_wsed\
Windir=C:\WINDOWS
CMDPackDir=C:\drivers\Dp\
[DP_Options]
DPExternal=no
DPExternalDir=C:\drivers\Dp\
[Automation]
gui=no
AutoDPInstall=yes

-----------------
I still have to manully press 'select all' (select all packages)  and unpack_dp method 2. Of course it works in this manner.

Where to put gui=no , so it will fully automatically install all DP (Unattended!) ????

I put the Directory drivers in  $oem$\$1\ , so it running from the sysem driver(C disk)-faster than from DVD-rom . and calling DPInstaller_WSED.exe in the RunOceEx.cmd for UA.

I would like it post-install DP automatically for UA (XP) with yours
I have done the pre_installation DP for UA(XP) with other.

Last edited by swbchen (2008-09-16 02:14:36)

What are you talking about? i have no idea...

please explain waht you are doing
what programs you are useing
what is your source OS
waht version of DP
which packs
are you trying to use DriverPacks with a third party program as an API?

what is dp_wsed.ini ??? - this is not a DriverPacks related file?

well a google search revealed warm-snows application... that is not supported by DriverPacks you will need to post in that thread for him...

I, incorrectly, believed your question was DriverPacks related...
IE how to run DriverPacks automaticaly...

but You are NOT useing DriverPacks since warm snows application is a third party app   
we don't support third party software ...

by providing good details and the info from Read BEFORE you post in my signature you can avoid confusion.
always provide DriverPacks BASE version and a GOOD (through) description of your situation...
IE waht you are experienceing or waht you are try to accomplish...

erm
erm

wpi is not a stage for txtmode

erm
assume this is a selective user.
selected chip and selected mass integrated (after INI° EDITs) (Everybody can, so he might done so.)

after that, warm or sad or disc feed.
-----------------------------------------

access to HDD is mass driver/txtmode so it is mucho imortant.
chipsets.
we have two people in  the world whom know how important they are, and they tested the wayz of integrating chips.
All five of them were right. The twelve of us have concluded that chips had to be rewritten.

(this is not a joke.)

Last edited by Jaak (2008-09-16 14:16:00)

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

all structures are built on foundations...
the foundation of a PC is the chipset... wink

Hi !   OverFlow  :

Sorry !

I mistake you are the writer of the Installer (Drivers Pack Unpacker & Installer).

I post my problem  following this  'http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=2403' .

thank you, any way!

Last edited by swbchen (2008-09-16 17:43:50)

it is ironic that you are trying to force his add-on to do what the DriverPacks do right out of the box...

by useing DriverPacks BASE (useing the DriverPacks as provided / supported)
you will get the result you are asking WS for...

IDK waht your familiarity is with DriverPacks (because you have not told us any details) but it seems like youre making it harder than it needs to be.

WarmSnows application is for attended install because DriverPacks BASE doesnt support attended installs

however DriverPacks BASE is for unattended installs and is why warm snows app doesn't (directly) support it

so since you are attemptind an unattended install you should be useing DriverPacks with DriverPacks BASE

Hi ! OverFlow:

Following is your script for pre-install Dp with DPinst.exe
Can I use it for post-installation without slipstreaming DP for Stand alone Disc???
How to do that ???
Thank you !

@Echo off
REM Written by Jeff Herre AKA OverFlow rev08.04.21
REM A Script to use MicroSofts DPinst.exe with the DriverPacks.
REM Help and Support available at http://forum.DriverPacks.net 
Color 9f

Echo.
Echo Searching current drive for the DriverPacks...
Rem fast detect. (is it the current drive?)
FOR /f "delims=: tokens=1" %%i in ("%~dp0") do SET CDDRIVE=%%i:
IF exist %CDDRIVE%\$OEM$\$1\D goto M1Found
IF exist %CDDRIVE%\OEM\bin\un7zip.exe GoTo M2Found

Echo.
Echo Searching all drives now...
Rem alternate detection. (is it any available drive?)
FOR %%i IN (C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y) DO IF EXIST "%%i:\$OEM$\$1\D" SET CDDRIVE=%%i:& GoTo M1Found
FOR %%i IN (C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y) DO IF EXIST "%%i:\OEM\bin\un7zip.exe" SET CDDRIVE=%%i:& GoTo M2Found

Echo.
Echo The DriverPacks were not found ???
Pause
GoTo Done

:M2Found
Echo.
Echo Extracting the DriverPacks now...
%CDDRIVE%\OEM\bin\un7zip.exe %CDDRIVE%\OEM\DP*.7z %SystemDrive%\
%CDDRIVE%\OEM\bin\un7zip.exe %CDDRIVE%\OEM\bin\*.7z %SystemDrive%\
COPY /Y %CDDRIVE%\OEM\bin\DPsFnshr.ini %SystemDrive%\
IF EXIST %CDDRIVE%\OEM\*.ins COPY /Y %CDDRIVE%\OEM\*.ins %SystemDrive%\
COPY DPINST.exe %SystemDrive%
COPY DPInst.xml %SystemDrive%
GoTo Main

:M1Found
Echo.
Echo If you wish you may update drivers directly from the located M1 source
Echo Or you can use the DriverPacks and DP_Finisher with "Keep The Driver" option.
Echo If you choose Finisher and KTD then DriverPacks will be copied to "SystemDrive"
Echo.
SET /p TPP=Only DriverPacks or Finisher and DriverPacks? (O or F)
IF /I %TPP%==O "%CDDRIVE%\$OEM$\$1\DPINST.exe" /c /s & GoTo Done
XCOPY /S %CDDRIVE%\$OEM$\$1\. %SystemDrive%

:Main
Echo.
Echo Running MicroSoft DPinst.exe now!
%SystemDrive%\DPINST.exe /c /s
Echo.
Echo Running the DriverPacks.net Finisher now!
%SystemDrive%\DPsFnshr.exe

:Done
EXIT

my script is also for attended installation...

you seem dead set on useing the attended scripts for doing an unnatended install

from your other post

"It calls DPInstaller_WSED.exe in the RunOceEx.cmd  from C-disk for UA(xp)."

that indicates that you are doing an unattended install

WHY!!!   
             are you trying to use the attended methods to do an Unattended install...

the base slipstraeams drivers for unattended install... that is what you want...
so use it as presented or at least tell us why you refuse to do so...

Hi !  OverFlow :

Thank you !

Your command so work fine for unattended install in this manner (calling it RunOnceEx.cmd) 
But !!!!  it seems neither  pre-install nor post-install in this way.

the reasons why I prefer (not refuse) not to sliptream them :

1. In case I buy a new Printer or a new PC (new Drivers) in the future, it needs no necessary to slipstream again ( perhaps it is a happy job) due to these new DP of these new facilities.  All I have to do is that I just put them-these new DP's into the DP-drirectory and burn a new DVD.  Anyone can do these job without slipstream ing (not everyone know-How and Like-to-do).

2. I hope that your script can do this thing. Especially a feature of fully and actually pre-installation of these DP's is prefered( of course fully silent install is required).
The reason is that some PC's with card-readers will not allow you to install application programs from CD-rom during Unattended installation, these PC's can not definitely find the Dvd-Rom except you install these DP first (with your install scripts) .  It just scans the card-readers(when no card inside) endless. ---> I have the cases  !!!!!

For most PC users, Unattended installation is required and necessary . What they want is to use the PC and they don't care and even don't like to install the OP  (a painful and not necessary process for them).   Instllation of OS is a BlackBox for them . All they want to do is to put the Installation DVD inside Dvd-rom , have a cup of Coffee and wait  for half an hour .Then they will have a brand new OP.  With a TV remote controller in hand, who cares how to build a TV set??? They just wnat to watch the TV shows !!!

So I choose Unattende installation without slipstreaming ! and Hope your scirpt helpful !!!
thank you again !

Regard.

Last edited by swbchen (2008-09-17 20:54:08)

swbchen wrote:

1. In case I buy a new Printer or a new PC (new Drivers) in the future, it needs no necessary to slipstream again ( perhaps it is a happy job) due to these new DP of these new facilities.  All I have to do is that I just put them-these new DP's into the DP-drirectory and burn a new DVD.  Anyone can do these job without slipstream ing (not everyone know-How and Like-to-do).

This already works with slipstreamed drivers.
All you need to do is replace the pack in the source with the updated one and recreate the ISO, there you go.

Of course, you can also re-slipstream the DriverPacks into the same source, BASE will detect and remove and previous packs, then start all over.

You are trying to reinvent the wheel here.

For most PC users, Unattended installation is required and necessary . What they want is to use the PC and they don't care and even don't like to install the OP  (a painful and not necessary process for them).   Instllation of OS is a BlackBox for them . All they want to do is to put the Installation DVD inside Dvd-rom , have a cup of Coffee and wait  for half an hour .Then they will have a brand new OP.  With a TV remote controller in hand, who cares how to build a TV set??? They just wnat to watch the TV shows !!!

Yeah, well, those users certainly do not make up the gros of our user base, that's for sure.
And if you are incapable of (re-)installing a OS, you should ask someone who knows his job rather than relying on a (presumably) pre-made unattended disc.
That way, you are at risk destroying any data that may be left on the system to be reinstalled, plus, you wouldn't know what do to do in case of error or may not even notice when something goes wrong.

Bottom line: An unattended disc can save you a lot of work but it does not replace basic knowledge about how to install an OS and it never was intended to.

Sounds to me like this guy is putting ISO's up on torrents mad

Hi ! Helmi  and OverFlow:

Thank you again.

Helmi wrote:

This already works with slipstreamed drivers.
All you need to do is replace the pack in the source with the updated one and recreate the ISO, there you go.

Yes, this ( no need 2nd slipstreaming with updated DP) meets my first need.
but your cmd or installer can't meet the other situation - with card-reader.

I am doing this UA install DVD for my kids(2). They are currently Intern and Resident (medical), very busy.
They pay much attention and spend almost all the time to Medical problems .
In case(just in case)  the OS corrupts due virus or some either Hardware probems or software bugs. They may quickly get back to their job with a brand new OS. 

I don't know how to build a torrent file. But  I know It will shutdown my pc's  thru internet due to costing a lot bandwidth from my limited bandwith. I don't like to build and share others with a torrent file.

I am appreciated you hope Your cmd file or installer will help me doing a UA install DVD without slipstreaming ( slipstream once it is OK-- I will do this job for the first time. but not Slipstream again or again and again due to new DP(other people not KnowHow and Not Howto do it---it is a problem  ) .

I am trying to do UA install DVD using your cmd or installer to meet my require.
Thank you very much.

the fix for the card reader hang was fixed in the base version 8.08.28 alpha (last month)
you can look forward to your issue being resolved in the next release

you can take a peek at it now if you like...
just remember it is for testing only and is a beta version... wink
(my betas are usually rock solid wink)   

http://dev.driverpacks.thesneaky.com/driverpacks_nightlies/DPs_BASE_80915b.exe

i belive if you try that version you will find that the card readers will no longer hang you up...

if they do still Hang after useing the above version or if you know the boot order in the bios is incorrectly assigning drive letters to your removable media (card readers) before the HDD. IE the SystemDrive will not be C:  It will be G: - or whatever letter is next after assigning each of the removable drives a letter. If it's true, that the HDD can not be assigned as the primary boot device 'C:' from the machines bios, then i can tell you how to customize your setup so you can address the machines BIOS problem. wink

The drive letter / bios problem normaly shows up when a card reader is added to a desktop and the MB bios is not able to correctly deal with the removable drives - since you indicated this was a laptop i don't expect you will have this happening to you...

hi ! OverFlow:

Thank you again !

Last edited by swbchen (2008-09-18 21:57:18)

swbchen wrote:

I am doing this UA install DVD for my kids(2). They are currently Intern and Resident (medical), very busy.
They pay much attention and spend almost all the time to Medical problems .
In case(just in case)  the OS corrupts due virus or some either Hardware probems or software bugs. They may quickly get back to their job with a brand new OS.

In that case, an imaging software may be more adequate for the task.
That way, they can easily backup their whole machine (including but not limited to all user data and settings!) and restore it later to the saved state.

Acronis True Image or Norton Ghost are two softwares I'd recommend trying out (especially the former, it's really child's play IMO, boot from the disc, follow the simple GUI and there you go).

If you just reinstall the OS via an unattended disc, how is the user data being backed-up?
How do you manage to re-set all the user settings?
This is something that cannot be done via unattended install and it is not intended to.

It moreso does not replace a proper backup solution and I can only urge you to cover that, too.
The problem with computer malfunctions or virus infections is not the reinstallation (that's a piece of cake compared) but the restoring of user data and settings!

Hi ! Helmi :

Thank you!

Yes, currently I use Ghost to backup whole partition or hdd to be a *.gho file or files saved in DVD's or isolated Hdd's.
It is very fast and easy to restore whole thing in that partition or hdd (when OS corrupts or maintein a pc, I use this method). The important data are always and already in 'another' HDD. Never put your important things in system(operating) disk !!!! It is very dangerous.

The UA install DVD is for a new PC or Pc with some Hardwares (e.g. upgrade the Mainboard or hardware reason) are changed. You have to reinstall OS . 

Of course , you may build a  'Universal OS ISO by sysprep' -  a not complelely finished OS without any Drivers in GHO format to install (actually to restore) a brand new OS in couple minutes (about 10 minutes ) for any Mainboard ,then post-install the required Drivers.

The UA installation is one of the Options.

Hi !  OverFlow:

UA install with Your scirpt for PC without Card-reader works fine.
It still hangs on when with Card-reader. Nothing can be changed in BIOS setting for Card-reader present.

Can it(the script) be modified so that DP installation executed before system fiels are installed???
May be its is the way to solve this problem for card-reader.

Last edited by swbchen (2008-09-20 15:19:16)

OverFlow wrote:

i belive if you try that version you will find that the card readers will no longer hang you up...

if they do still Hang after useing the above version or if you know the boot order in the bios is incorrectly assigning drive letters to your removable media (card readers) before the HDD. IE the SystemDrive will not be C:  It will be G: - or whatever letter is next after assigning each of the removable drives a letter. If it's true, that the HDD can not be assigned as the primary boot device 'C:' from the machines bios, then i can tell you how to customize your setup so you can address the machines BIOS problem. wink

The drive letter / bios problem normaly shows up when a card reader is added to a desktop and the MB bios is not able to correctly deal with the removable drives - since you indicated this was a laptop i don't expect you will have this happening to you...

Hi ! OverFlow:

While running RunOncEx.cmd and calling your cmd from it.
Yes, the problem is to find the driver letter. System drive is G. How about dvd_drom ?? Is C or H ?  I have single Hdd with 2 partitions, one floppy with 2 card-readers.  Boot order :  DVD-rom ,HDD then Floppy

C:  DVD-rom  ??
D:  Hdd partition 2
E:  card-reader 1
F:  card-reader 2
G:  system drive(HDD partiton 1)
H:  DVD-rom  ??
Floppy >  can't be C or H

So the DVD-rom must be one of C and H ??!!
Applcation programs (in the root of DVD) are installed from DVD. and PC shows G:\install... then fails to continue.
It should be DVD\install...

Thank you.

Last edited by swbchen (2008-09-27 14:47:21)

may i know the manufacturer and model ? i would like to do a littel digging to see if there is a fix for the laptop assigning the drive letters out of order...

Hi ! OverFlow:

The sequences of drive letters are changed before and after rebbot !!!!
Here is a sample

In GUI setup:

CODEC: HD
D: card slot 1
E: card slot 2
F: card slot 3
G: card slot 4
H: DVD

After the reboot to first login:

CODEC: HD
D: DVD
E: card slot 1
F: card slot 2
G: card slot 3
H: card slot 4

Perhaps this is the answer ! I am trying to find it out !
Thank you again

Last edited by swbchen (2008-09-27 16:16:47)

get to end up with all HDD and opticals before card readers; yes.

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.