Topic: Using Driver Packs with Acronis with Universal Restore

Hi, i am very new to this and would like to ask for some very detailed 'step by step instructions for dummies' on how to slipstream the driver packs into an Acronis True Image with Universal Restore Boot CD. I want to have 1 image of a computer and use that to restore on to multiple totally different computers. I have tried reading the forum but it gets confusing when people are all saying to do things in different ways and very technical terms are used... I would just like to get a fully complete step by step tutorial on how to slipstream the driver packs in to the Acronis True Image with Universal Restore Boot CD so that when i have the backup image and the boot CD all i have to do is put the boot CD in and click restore with Universal Restore and it will have everything it needs to restore the computer successfully and error free to a computer with totally different hardware inside.
Thank you so much, i really appriciate any help you can give me!

Also, what program do you use to find out what the unknown device's are in the device manager?

Thanks again.

Re: Using Driver Packs with Acronis with Universal Restore

400 views and no replies... Any help? please...

Re: Using Driver Packs with Acronis with Universal Restore

you are asking for support for an unpopular program.

you are asking for support for that program at DriverPacks -
at the moment we dont have support for "sysprep" type installs - we do intend to add it

so your a little off topic for our forum (userbase), and asking about a program that is not favored by our limited sysprep userbase

we use the HWID's tool to identify hardware - that you should have been able to come up with if you had spent more than one minute reading a few posts here. obviously you didn't... or you would have realized your one question was out of place and the other was info you couldn't possably miss unless you didnt try.

the hwids tool simplifys the use of devcon a MS tool for reporting hardware ID's
hwids are used to ID hardware and then match them to drivers that contain that ID in thier INF
that is driver install 101

we dont really care waht the name of the device is, but... googleing the HWID will give you that answer if you need to know.

DriverPacks doesn't cater to noobs as a rule... and ones who are not willing to even do a basic search and read a few posts on thier own are usually ignored.

Sorry you did not get a response
sometimes it is better to not say anything if you cant say something nice

best of luck with your mission... if you figure it out perhaps you can pass it on to someone else who is in a similar situation. but that doesnt seem to be the case no one even chimed in with a "I would like to do this too!"

Have a nice day and i'm sorry you were not able to get the answer you needed.

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.