Topic: [IMP] Process the QSC without Slipstreaming

As I'm working on the process to host all my drivers from a network repository, being able to easily re-process the QSC without going through with a slipstream to a source could become necessary, otherwise I'll have to keep a dummy source out there to re-run it.  I'm not sure of any other use for it other than putting it on the server, but then again, this is what matters to me at the moment. smile

And as per conversation, possibly make it so that the QSC options can accept a folder destination (possibly directly to a UNC path if needed).  And even the option to create an extracted DP-style directory tree (called "Consolidated QSC"?).  Not sure.

T's dotted?  Check.
I's crossed?  Check.

Last edited by OverFlow (2008-09-28 14:47:38)

Re: [IMP] Process the QSC without Slipstreaming

Well RIS and sysprep are on Bâshrat the Sneaky's long term goal list so adding features that take us in that direction are probably good ones.

although M1 is not used much anymore for the disk platform
the compression routine is still used for mass storage and for BartPE

QSC can and should yield benefits for both RIS and SysPrep platforms going forward.
i have been trying to find the potential usefulness of QSC for BartPE but i don't see it helping...

It's a good idea. This will require testers?

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

DeTard wrote:

T's dotted?  Check.
I's crossed?  Check.

[OT]Isn't the old naval saying more like "Crossing the T"?
/shrungs[/OT]

or in the case of boston harbor dumping the tea...

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!

As i think about this more i belive i will create a new platform button "Create Drivers Only CD".

this would dump a M1 style folder structure (less the $OEM$\$1\)
to a selectable location with the DP_finisher files and DPInst (Identical to a M1 layout)

I belive this is better than modifying qsc because QSC is disigned to hold more than one version of each pack.
where as a destination folder will only contain the most current.

this will aslo tie in with possably supporting the attended install...

Helmi wrote:
DeTard wrote:

T's dotted?  Check.
I's crossed?  Check.

[OT]Isn't the old naval saying more like "Crossing the T"?
/shrungs[/OT]

Hehe, yes... I was being sarcastic, in two ways at once. smile 

OverFlow wrote:

As i think about this more i belive i will create a new platform button "Create Drivers Only CD".

this would dump a M1 style folder structure (less the $OEM$\$1\)
to a selectable location with the DP_finisher files and DPInst (Identical to a M1 layout)

I belive this is better than modifying qsc because QSC is disigned to hold more than one version of each pack.
where as a destination folder will only contain the most current.

this will aslo tie in with possably supporting the attended install...

And yes, I agree Jeff...  Making a whole new section of it and keeping QSC as-is might be the more correct way of doing it since it really isn't part of the same goal, and I hadn't even thought about the multi-version detail of QSC.

added Base ver 8.09