Re: Graphics A 8.09rc4 for testing purposes (REPORTS wanted)

krige wrote:

I have always integrated the DriverPacks last with DPBase. Do I have to add those entries you mentioned to the file created by DPBase?

No, DPBase takes care of that for you. 

woody22 wrote:

How is that bug possible if the signing policy is already disabled bye DP Base ?

It's possible that another entry is required to ignore the driver-signing policy that is overlooked, and not added by Base.  I don't know.  More research is needed.
DPBase integrations are successful for 99% of users.  You guys are the 1% with issues.

Welcome back Jaak! smile

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

[Unattended]
DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore
NonDriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

I confirm that the code above was already present in my %XPsource%\i386\winnt.sif

mr_smartepants wrote:

DPBase integrations are successful for 99% of users.  You guys are the 1% with issues.

I must say that I didn't have any problem with the 2 desktop graphics cards I tested the drivers with, I had problems only with 4 mobile graphics cards.

krige wrote:
mr_smartepants wrote:

I must say that I didn't have any problem with the 2 desktop graphics cards I tested the drivers with, I had problems only with 4 mobile graphics cards.

THAT is the prime indication that "Driver-signing" is screwed up somehow on your install.  I can confirm that it works perfectly fine on my testbeds.

Hi !

Just wanted to say that the 806G driverpack that I downloaded today did cause a yellow exclamation mark in device manager on Windows XP SP3 on a system I briefly tested today (Asus EAH2600/PRO/HTDI/512M TV/DVI). ATI CCC was not installed.

The regular 8.04 driverpack Graphics_A did not cause this. Here, the driver was installed correctly. However, CCC was also not installed here.

Unfortunately, I only have the log from the second installation with the 8.04 DP and the system is already out of the house.

There still is no way to upload logs here and I cannot paste it into the message (too long). Should be easier for people to upload logs I think ...

Do you need the log ? The HW ID I can paste:
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9589&SUBSYS_01BC1043&REV_00\4&2E5EAC9&0&0008: ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO

Bye,
Alex

Well, now that is bad news. sad
Yours is the first I've heard of a desktop ATI HD2x00 series card not installing properly.  And not getting the ATICCC installed is worrying as well. 
Did you integrate .NET?  Does it work?

I do need to see the DPsFnshr.log.  You can email it to me: mr_smartepants 'at' driverpacks 'dot' net.
I may have to change what is included in the G_A DriverPacks.

Hi mr_smartepants,

yeah, sorry for that. Also I am sorry for not being able to give you a log of the failed DPG8.06G installation.
I will mail you the logfile. Yes, .Net was installed before and I remember CCC installs working (haven´t installed XP on one of my systems for months now).

Log will be there soon.
Bye,
Alex

Wow, this is wierd.  Looks like the DPFinisher got confused.

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9589&SUBSYS_01BC1043&REV_00\4&2E5EAC9&0&0008: ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO
<snip>
2008-07-18 19:29:52 : <FLTR> 		! Could not match +infFile"C:\D\G\A1\A_Hotfix.inf" through the HWID "PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9589&SUBSYS_01BC1043" (original HWID: "PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9589&SUBSYS_01BC1043&REV_00").
<snip>
2008-07-18 19:29:53 : <FLTR> 		! Could not match +infFile"C:\D\G\A1\CX_59746.inf" through the HWID "PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9589&SUBSYS_01BC1043" (original HWID: "PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9589&SUBSYS_01BC1043&REV_00").
<snip>
2008-07-18 19:29:53 : <FLTR> 		! Could not match +infFile"C:\D\G\A1\CX_59749.inf" through the HWID "PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9589&SUBSYS_01BC1043" (original HWID: "PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9589&SUBSYS_01BC1043&REV_00").
<snip>
2008-07-18 19:29:54 : <FLTR> 		! Could not match +infFile"C:\D\G\A1\mobility.inf" through the HWID "PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9589&SUBSYS_01BC1043" (original HWID: "PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9589&SUBSYS_01BC1043&REV_00").

It looks like the finisher was being ultra-exclusive in it's matches because it didn't ignore the &REV_00.
It even ignored the generic HWID present in the Hotfix .inf as well as the factory standard .inf (not to mention in the mobility.inf)
"ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO" = ati2mtag_RV630, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9589

Overflow, any ideas here?

mr_smartepants wrote:

Well, I think we'll stick with 175.19 for the time-being.

Alright, but then (if not already) be informed that the 175.19 has been re-released the very day of your post (that is, the 9th of July). It's probable that the performance issues has been fixed, though be warned that this claim is limited by speculation and may not be reflecting actual facts.

Last edited by twipley (2008-07-20 01:48:50)

twipley wrote:

the 175.19 has been re-released the very day of your post (that is, the 9th of July). It's probable that the performance issues has been fixed, though be warned that this claim is limited by speculation and may not be reflecting actual facts.

Sigh...
And I just uploaded G_A 806H about an hour ago (which fixes the AVIVO codec install problem).

Ah, so should we bother testing h or wait for h.1?

Stand-by...I'm doing the file comparison...
OK, the only files different between 806G\N1 and the 'new' 175.19 are:
nv4_disp.cat
nvapps.xml

That's it!

Sigh...stand-by for 806i...

First post updated.
Oops.  I just realized this is July...file should have been 8.07A. smile
Oh well. Still uploading.  Give it 30 min before downloading.

Please double check the 6i (7a??) Graphics A nightly; it downloads as corrupt (according to a simple 7Zip archive test) and appears to be about 16Mb too small as compared to previous nightlies.

Last edited by newsposter (2008-07-20 16:46:08)

My upload connection crapped out at 98%. sad
Uploading now...

First post updated.
$5 says ATI releases Catalyst 8.7 in the next day or so...just to spite me! smile

Wow, this is wierd.  Looks like the DPFinisher got confused.
Code:

<snip>
2008-07-18 19:29:52 : <FLTR>         ! Could not match +infFile"C:\D\G\A1\A_Hotfix.inf" through the HWID "PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9589&SUBSYS_01BC1043" (original HWID: "PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9589&SUBSYS_01BC1043&REV_00").
<snip>
2008-07-18 19:29:53 : <FLTR>         ! Could not match +infFile"C:\D\G\A1\CX_59746.inf" through the HWID "PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9589&SUBSYS_01BC1043" (original HWID: "PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9589&SUBSYS_01BC1043&REV_00").
<snip>
2008-07-18 19:29:53 : <FLTR>         ! Could not match +infFile"C:\D\G\A1\CX_59749.inf" through the HWID "PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9589&SUBSYS_01BC1043" (original HWID: "PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9589&SUBSYS_01BC1043&REV_00").
<snip>
2008-07-18 19:29:54 : <FLTR>         ! Could not match +infFile"C:\D\G\A1\mobility.inf" through the HWID "PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9589&SUBSYS_01BC1043" (original HWID: "PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9589&SUBSYS_01BC1043&REV_00").

It looks like the finisher was being ultra-exclusive in it's matches because it didn't ignore the &REV_00.
It even ignored the generic HWID present in the Hotfix .inf as well as the factory standard .inf (not to mention in the mobility.inf)
"ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO" = ati2mtag_RV630, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9589

Overflow, any ideas here?

Hi !

But the driver was installed fine, no ? At least it seems so. Only the CCC did not get installed. Does this make sense ?

Bye,
Alex

Please use Code Tags next time, helps avoiding confusion among readers.
-- Helmi

Last edited by Helmi (2008-07-21 05:08:06)

I differ to mr_smartepants experience...

I can certainly figure it out... but he probably already knows the answer wink

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

midiboy wrote:

But the driver was installed fine, no ? At least it seems so.

No.
Not if you have a 'yellow exclamation mark'.

I don't want to sound arrogant, but without a suitable card to test on myself, I can only surmise that somewhere along the line you did something wrong.
At the moment I only have a mobility 9600 to test ATI stuff on.  All my DriverPacks test perfect on that (along with my nvidia 8800GTS).
I can get a deal online for a HD2400Pro for around $45.  But that will take time.

Has ANY HD2x00 owner had a successful test with any of these nightlies?
Anyone?

Or do they all fail. sad

OverFlow wrote:

I can certainly figure it out... but he probably already knows the answer

Don't count on it my friend.

Hi
I sold the box with the ati testcard. (CCC not automatically installing in desktop was something I experienced in June. I could not figure this out. The CCC.exe would install the CPL proper when I manually ran it afterward.
I still think we can blame this on HDMI and sound conflicts, but Samlab chose to not use CCC, yet was bent on looking at graphics conflicts and found them. ((but I could not always accept his reports for validation.)). )

Shiitt. I have just heard a hardware screech in this vista testbox. (sounds like HDD bearing.)

edit, those older maxtors do run hot. This diamondmax 10 series, 250Gb, is stressed by vista and live-one-care and HOT.
I hope it dies, so I could RMA .
edit two
confired diagnosis.. it is HDD axle bearing screech.

Last edited by Jaak (2008-07-21 14:43:43)

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

mr_smartepants wrote:

Anyone?

Helmi wrote:

Hopefully going to try on the HD 3850 AGP soon (a reinstall is desperately needed...)

Please do that Helmi, and report back.
I'm seriously tempted to remove the HDMI drivers until we can get this sorted out.

I can get a HD3450 for $35 here.

Sorry to do this.

Catalystâ„¢ Software Suite Version 8.7 came out this morning.

Stu

You owe me $5 Stu! big_smile

Dollars or Euro's.

You said it would happen in a post over the weekend.

Stu

big_smile LOL

ATI is still holding out on the 8.7 Mobile drivers.  Maybe today, maybe tomorrow.
I'm getting G_A 8.07b ready regardless.

mr_smartepants wrote:

Anyone?

Helmi wrote:

Hopefully going to try on the HD 3850 AGP soon (a reinstall is desperately needed...)

Please do that Helmi, and report back.
I'm seriously tempted to remove the HDMI drivers until we can get this sorted out.

Yeah, I wish I had done this already, the system starts to mock up even more now.
Still tickering with my U³XPDVD image - when I'm going to reinstall it should be as perfect as it can be as this is my main machine.
Although that card is AGP; I cannot fit in into my test be because that's only AGP 2x/4x and the card is 8x sad

Might be ripping out all the other HDDs with my sensitive data and popping in a spare one just to test install though.
I'm going to compile a new image today, so as soon as you may be able to include the new CATs, I hope I'll be able to test (unless you want me to test with the old ones first so you can decide on kicking out HDMI support - not that I am too fond of the idea, but I am not using it ATM and if there's no other way, it has to be)

I can get a HD3450 for $35 here.

Sounds more than fair enough.
Dunno about the HD3400 series but the HD3800 (and subsequently the HD4800) definately kick ass and are very well worth their quite low price!
Plus, the fact that I could pick up an AGP card made them a no-brainer to me! wink