Topic: DSPdsblr.exe missing?

I installed all the driver packs onto a windows xp cd and tested it on one computer and it works just fine, but when I try to use it on a friend's computer, something goes wrong. After windows setup copies all the setup files needed, it restarts and tells me "windows cannot find c:\DSPdsblr.exe". Then it asks for the windows xp cd for the file 'asms'... Any clues on what is going on?

Re: DSPdsblr.exe missing?

Hi,
First thing I thought of was to tell you to clean the lense.
Then I thought, what was wrong with your friend's computer? (There must have been a reason to let setup run on that.)

Which DriverPacks BASE did you use?
Can you check size of graphics A (it should be about 84Mb)

a log please?

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

This could be a lot of things. It seems that the CD/DVD Rom is not accessable
after the textmode reboot and we are begining the PE stage of setup.
If he has a SATA ROM then it may be a driver issue - unlikely but possable

Since it worked on another computer lets figure your disk is OK (but maybe it got scratched)
That leaves us with his machine as the problem.
Did you try it a second time and get the exact same result?

Is his CD on the same controler as the HDD? (is it a standard IDE cd or dvd rom)
Is it a new machine or are you reloading?

could be his CD rom
could be his HDD
could be his RAM, MB, CPU fan, PowerSupply (check the PS fan too),
If a video card is failing VERY strange things can happen.

Can you tell us a little more...

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

My thought my friend's computer had a virus or something because the computer wanted to reboot right when started so I thought I would reinstall windows. Using the latest BASE and the Md5 checks out for graphics A

I tried a few times and got this error... thought it might be the IDE cable connected to the DVD-ROM. Also put in another video card and RAM with no success. So I took out the video card, DVD-ROM, HDD and put it in my working computer to see if it would work (the RAM wasn't compatible with my computer). XP installed successfully, so it's not those three, I presume... 

Put everything back into the computer but taking out the original RAM and replacing it with another. Currently testing to see what happens.

If it's not the RAM, then it's the MB or power supply...

Darned fine Troubleshooting sir! well done...
That is what i would have done.
(except i have enough hardware laying around my office to not have to use my personal system)

You may not be wrong about the virus... some viruses can infect the BIOS.
this is not common but it is worth mentioning.

since it seems you have quite properly narrowed the field (by a huge margin) - let's consider what is left.
AMD processors use a huge amount of power and run quite hot - verify the heatsink is clean and well seated.
they are also very sensitive to lack of proper voltage - is the PSU dust free and have a good fan?
(heat will cause your voltages to be off) Intel processors are more tolerant and less needy but it still could be the issue.   

MB - I have a POST card but you will have to come to my office wink
As a last resort  (unless it has a dual bios)  Flash the bios
is it under warranty ?

Jeff

we have gotten way outside the scope of our forum at this point
I must warn you of the fact quite strongly... mad

I am however curious how this turns out - cool
even though i am going to have to ban myself for misuse of the forum... sad

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!

Hi guys. Windows installed successfully, so I was curious to see if the original RAM worked or not. It seems to work just fine... So in the end I never did figure out what was wrong hmm

BUT...!!

I thought it was time for a reinstall of windows on my computer now and I got the SAME error!! I don't understand what could be wrong. After the setup files are copied and it reboots, somehow the computer doesn't want to read the dvd drive anymore. It doesn't ask if you want to boot from the CD at all. The drive is listed there in the BIOS though. Thought there might be something loose inside, nope, everything is firmly inserted...  I am totally perplexed.

have you tried more than one cd/dvd and more than one type / brand of disk?

I have tried another drive with no luck. Will try and burn another disk (different brand).

Weird... I'm getting mixed results. Sometimes it wouldn't boot from the DVD, sometimes setup would stop at random places. I did figure out one thing that was wrong though. The partition I wanted to install windows on wasn't large enough to fit all the driverpacks and everything else so setup couldn't possibly complete. Took out the 3rd party driver packs and it installed fine.

Thanks for your feedback! it makes DriverPacks better for everyone!