Topic: IDT High Definition Audio CODEC compatibility problem

I'm having a problem with my audio driver. I recently picked up an update from Windows Update for the "IDT - Audio - IDT High Definition Audio CODEC". It was an optional update and is reported to have been released in "September, 2007". Now apparently my original audio driver was the cause for the delay in Vista SP1 (for those who know the history for that service), and as after installation of the new driver, SP1 was finally made available to me. However, before I installed SP1, my volume stopped working and the following message was displayed: "No Audio Output Device is Installed". So, I installed SP1 and, to my luck, the driver still isn't working. Computer is fine and better than ever with SP1 installed, but the audio driver is still killing me.

Going to the Device Manager, there is a little "attention" sign over teh "Sound, video and game controllers" section which houses "IDT High Definition Audio CODEC". Viewing the properties shows the following:

"This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available."

After checking for solutions, nothing happens. No solutions come by. A window just pops up saying: "Could not load driver software". Here's the rest of the info...

Driver Provider: IDT
Driver Date: 9/5/2007
Driver Version: 6.10.5607.0
Digital Signer: microsoft windows hardware compatibility publisher

Choosing to update the driver results in: "Windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date."

I cannot roll back the driver, and it seems that my old driver has been completely erased. How can I amend this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

More info:
Windows Vista Home Premium
Service Pack 1

Gateway MT6707
Genuine Intel CPU         T2300 @ 1.66GHz  1.67 Ghz
2.00 GB RAM
32-bit Operating System

I have class throughout the day, so I may not respond immediately. Everything else works except for my audio. Any help would be just awesome. Thanks.

-Dude984

Last edited by dude984 (2008-05-01 07:05:36)

Re: IDT High Definition Audio CODEC compatibility problem

Vista is not supported by DriverPacks this post should not be in this forum ... moved to other.
(and probably should be closed since we dont do helpdesk services here.)

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.