Topic: Dell D630 Laptop & USB 500Gb HDD Reatogo

I have a Reatogo(Bartpe) CD I made. here is the setup
I used XP Corp SP2 ISO straight from Microsoft, no patches or updates.
Reatogo 240
Dp Base 80417RC, with DP_MassStorage_wnt5_x86-32_804.7z txt plugin
DP_LAN_wnt5_x86-32_804.7z unzipped in the Drivers directory. (I fixed all the file not found errors)

On boot up I was getting BSOD with F4 error, I flashed the bios and made a few CMOS cnhanges now it boots.

My problem is I have a Seagate FreeAgent PRO External 500Gig HDD USB that I can't see.  I looked in disk manager it is not there. I looked in Device Manager and there is lot of unknown devices.
I clicked on each of them and I could install a generic device driver for most of them.  It found generic chipset and USB drivers.  I went back to the disk manager and now my internal (C:) drive is missing.

The laptop uses Intel GM965 Express Chipset.  Does DP have a driver for this chipset? I looked at the chipset web page and it said that driver was for Intel 810 and newer.

Would that work?
Can the Chipset Driverpack be used in a Bart PE environment?
Just courious, when will the rest of the driverpacks be able to be slipstreamed like the massStorage pack?

Thanks
Mark

http://d1syubgj0w3cyv.cloudfront.net/cdn/farfuture/Av2BDsDf_iiqO8a4dpI49DKicUs_0zEQtEPcTGyCqV4/perpetual:forever/userbar/tester-1.png
Hero of the day 10-02-19!

Re: Dell D630 Laptop & USB 500Gb HDD Reatogo

chipset has a few holes in ich9 caused by intel. Chipset drivers have bus extenders and I caught a few "holes" in those less than 20 hours ago. BUT, I fear the holes I percieve are "fixes" by intel.

The mass storage matrix has been posted at the famous station driver site, but I see no chipset ICH10 posted yet.
That's my cold stopper, so far.
----------------------------------

erm, I never used reatogo .
That limits me.
We work hard to make it work DISC based setup.
And external drives are seldom meant to replace boot hdd.

I bet you can help us.
Your experience in TS is valuable to us

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

hrmmmm HHrrrm
mass storage has the leaked ICH9R/ICH10 for XP in the test pack sticky.

that is a sticky with link to topic or file, whatever is most interesting.

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

Let me elaborate a little:
The laptop is a replacement work laptop. It has an internal 75 gig SATA drive and I need to get my information from the 500 Gig external (backup files and apps from my old laptop (Dell D600)).

I need to be able to see both drives at the same time.
The 500Gb external is not a replacement is is just a backup drive.

Also I want to Ghost the laptop before I install all my old Apps incase the thing blows up and it won't boot.

My intent is to boot from the BartPE (Reatogo) disk and see the 2 drives than I have Ghose32 Corp Ver11 on my BartPE disk and I can Ghost the drive up and also copy down my files.

In the meantime: I unzipped DP_Chipset_wnt5_x86-32_803.7z and placed it in the drivers directory for Reatogo.  I downloaded the latest Intel INF file and unzipped it and also put it in the drivers directory.

I'm burning that CD right now.

Thanks
Mark

http://d1syubgj0w3cyv.cloudfront.net/cdn/farfuture/Av2BDsDf_iiqO8a4dpI49DKicUs_0zEQtEPcTGyCqV4/perpetual:forever/userbar/tester-1.png

IF, by the off chance, that lappy has an ICH9 chip, then there is a possibillity it will not see two hwids (dropped in our chipset pack which has iintel official (I had to place a few in sub folders to get all versions of same named files in), and then I I found two hwids 'cared for' in a HP service pack our chipset pack does not carry..)
(same filename, and version system by HP is way 'off whack')

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

rodommoc,
you must have noticed the chipset pack has three main intel OS folders. (xp\2k\2k3)

use winmerge or araxis on the three, and you find that sub\sub have some differences, and roots don't have differences.
Which means there are a few hundred infs triplicated.
We had to do this fo backward compatibility with base7.05.2

It will eventually have fewer folders, ONE intel main, and the intel subs will have those we can't have in root.
)edit(
ich4id2.cat is the only difference in the three OS specific intel sub-folders.

Last edited by Jaak (2008-05-01 07:18:55)

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

is the external USB?

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

USB is always an issue because its bus gets reset as windows loads this is why it is tough to load PE on a usb drive.
the drive is suddenly unavailable during the boot. it hiccups.

External USB can be loaded but it often needs to be force installed. as you already tried...
It sounds like the USB drive stomped on one of your existing drive letters when you punched it's button.

my imediate reaction is to point you at my favorite PE builder UBCD4Win... and see if it has the same issue.

as to when the rest of the pack will be supported... SOON i wanted to make sure the chages i made for XP SP3 and DPINST were solid. To Let the dust settle if you will. Since SP3 was supposed to be out today and i have only had one post for an issue. I wil release that and begin the next projects which are VISTA and Finishing BartPE. since i already have released one or two copies of full support versions of base to the development team at UBCD4win last year and got excelent reports back. So i am quite close to a beta for bartpe + all packs but i will likely only publish support for chipset and graphics first - since Nvidia will likely be a real nasty and is tied to both. once i am happy with that i will just turn the rest on (the code is already in base its just disabled) there are just a few bad bananas that are spoiling the bunch.

Jeff doesn't publish junk... wink

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

It is working.
I made the disk with MassStorage, Chipset, & Dell's Intel INF drivers.  The disk booted properly and I was able to see the internal and external HDDs at the same time.

I also booted with the older CD that had MassStorage only and both drives were able to be seen.  It must have been fluke the last time where the drives were not seen.

Thanks again

Thanks for Reporting sir!

Feedback helps us help you, and it benifits everone else too.

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.