Topic: Worm in DPs_BASE_80417RC

Hi,

I just downloaded (23rd April) the new DP base (DPs_BASE_80417RC) and Avast told me the following file has a worm:
DPs_BASE_80417RC.exe\bin\DPsFnshr.7z\DPsFnshr.exe

Not much of a description though, just the following:
Win32:Trojan-gen {Other}

Re: Worm in DPs_BASE_80417RC

Hi,

Look at this post here  it appears to be a problem with Avast.  I use Symantec and it's never ID'd Driverpacks as a virus.

Hope that helps

Rob

Last edited by unseen (2008-04-23 21:24:15)

http://d1syubgj0w3cyv.cloudfront.net/cdn/farfuture/Av2BDsDf_iiqO8a4dpI49DKicUs_0zEQtEPcTGyCqV4/perpetual:forever/userbar/tester-1.png

On a mission to re-educate users the Clue stick way!

Re: Worm in DPs_BASE_80417RC

that is why i never use bottom feeder virus scanners

use Norton or CA/McAffee and you don't have 3rd rate results

DriverPacks is written in AutoIt. Avast and AVG frequently tag any file written in autoit as a virus.

This is about as intelligent as tagging any file written in C as a virus. or any file written in VB as a virus.
Just because a program CAN be used to write malicious code doesn't mean any program written with it IS malicious code.

They fail to take the time to write thier virus scanners to READ the file to see if it contains bad code they simply mark it as bad because of the compiler it is written in. I assume they do this to save money on programmers and to make the scans complete more quickly. I would rather have thorough and accurate, than cheap and fast.

this is LAME and is why i would never use either of the above programs...
I mange thousands of desktops for dozens of comanies.
I dont have time to fool with running down false positives
and my clients don't wish to pay for services they don't need.

sometimes when you pay more for something you actually are getting a better value...

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.