Topic: Need help with Intel S3000AH mobo with built on LSI raid

I have LSI raid enabled.  Also have an addin Siig with silicon image 3132 controller.
Bartpe works ok with the Siig and nic.  I'm trying to figure out how to get a mass storage driver for the Intel LSI.
I've tried the normal bartpe driver install with the Intel driver but I still can't see the drives on the LSI.
After reading other posts I downloaded and tried the new driverpack 8.02.1 with no success.  Also,  when I use the driverpack plugin I can't see my Siig Raid drives.  I'm not worried about the Siig right now..  I'd just like to get the LSI raid working...

Thanks,

Catdog8

Re: Need help with Intel S3000AH mobo with built on LSI raid

We have quite a list of LSI drivers in the packs...
http://driverpacks.net/DriverPacks/devices.php?pag=m
we need the specific HWID of the LSI in your machine to be of assistance.

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

Is this what you need?  I don't know which one is the LSI.
I ran this a week ago on another computer and I believe it said Intel LSI raid.  Maybe a bios version or something.

Thanks,

PCI\VEN_1095&DEV_3132&SUBSYS_71321095&REV_01\4&2D8B019B&0&00E4
    Name: RAID Controller
    Hardware ID's:
        PCI\VEN_1095&DEV_3132&SUBSYS_71321095&REV_01
        PCI\VEN_1095&DEV_3132&SUBSYS_71321095
        PCI\VEN_1095&DEV_3132&CC_010400
        PCI\VEN_1095&DEV_3132&CC_0104
    Compatible ID's:
        PCI\VEN_1095&DEV_3132&REV_01
        PCI\VEN_1095&DEV_3132
        PCI\VEN_1095&CC_010400
        PCI\VEN_1095&CC_0104
        PCI\VEN_1095
        PCI\CC_010400
        PCI\CC_0104
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27C3&SUBSYS_348F8086&REV_01\3&61AAA01&0&FA
    Name: RAID Controller
    Hardware ID's:
        PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27C3&SUBSYS_348F8086&REV_01
        PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27C3&SUBSYS_348F8086
        PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27C3&CC_010400
        PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27C3&CC_0104
    Compatible ID's:
        PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27C3&REV_01
        PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27C3
        PCI\VEN_8086&CC_010400
        PCI\VEN_8086&CC_0104
        PCI\VEN_8086
        PCI\CC_010400
        PCI\CC_0104

This LSI controler is currently supported by DP_MassStorage_wnt5_x86-32_8021 with the drivers in the \D\M\L1 folder.
that driver contains the HWID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27C3&SUBSYS_348F8086
which is a nearly perfect match for that HWID

if you have manually added any drivers to your BartPE build please remove them and try again

R U useing UBCD4win? or just BartPE?

is the #Driverpacks Mass Storage plugin enabled when you check the plugins in PEBuilder?

as far as i can see this should be working...
Perhaps CDOB will drop in here and have yet another moment of brilliance.

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!

I'm using bartpe only.  I do have other mass storage drivers installed. Not LSI but several others.

The plugin is enabled.  Actually the base says disabled but the driverpack says enabled.

I'll remove the other drivers and try again. 

Thanks for your help!

Kevin

base is not a plugin - it is the plugin creator (configure) - and will always be disabled - that is normal
as long as mass is enabled and your build reports no errors then it should be working normaly.

add devcon to your PE disk and make sure the HWID you gave me is correct (you said you pulled it from a different machine)
we have seen cases in the past where different firmware versions reported different HWIDs

thread moved to proper forum.

Jeff

hi,
a good few folders contain a secondary INF for pseudo device or NODRV, and several of these secondary INF had no unique names.

A handful primary INF have same name.
I will have a TEST pack ready in a couple minutes, in which all INF files have unique names.
brb.

EDIT
the list shows the megaINTL and Sil3132 HWIDs.
\L1 had a non-unique NODEV.INF

Silicon had non-unique SIPPD.INF
Let's see if the INF renames help.
DP_MassStorage_wnt5_x86-32_8022nightly_bartPEtest.7z
(PULLED)

Last edited by Jaak (2008-02-20 05:53:06)

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

Wow!
That was fast.
Couldn't get better service if I was paying...

I'll try it in a little while.  I have to drive to work to test it.

Thanks!!

Kevin

Hi Kevin, you can become a donator smile

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

I could do that.  Where do I go to do that?

Also,  just tried the new driverpack and have gotten the same result.
I can see the two drives on the Siig as non raid.  They show up as 75Gb and the LSI raid ones are 74Gb when I use the F6 floppy.  Wonder what the heck I'm doing wrong?  After booting I'm running diskpart list disk..  Maybe I need to start with a virgin pebuilder load..  You think???

Kevin

well i have had lots of luck with UBCD4win if you wish to start over from scratch i highly recomend it over a vanilla bartpe
there is a donate button in jacks signature... http://driverpacks.net/DriverPacks/donate.php

additionaly donors gain access to the testing forum and get access to the latest test packs and get to read about whats next.

Hi Jeff,
would those non-unique INF files explain some of the reports on SiL we saw at cdobs hangout?

I want to know, because if that was it, it ought to be fixed now?

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

I did some firmware flashing for cdob on the sil 3132 and posted the hwids.  Do you all need that info?

I can try the UBCD4win if you think it would be better in the long run.  I make a bartpe cd for whatever image I want to put on a computer.
It connects to our image server, logs in, runs whatever command I have in the penetconfig.ini to image.   We have used ghost for the last few years but now we're trying to switch to imagex since it's free.  The main difference is that I have to use diskpart now when Ghost didn't require that.
When we get a new Intel mobo and the nic won't work I just update the nic drivers and it always works.  I've had problems with the server boards starting with the Intel 7230 and now the S3000AH and the S5000VSA.  If the UBCD4win will make this stuff work I'll have to try it.

Do you think UBCD4win would work better for me??

Thanks,

Kevin

Hi, I am glad you posted that mail you sent.
Forum helps for all.
IM/mail is off line, and most hard-core forumers will tell you to not go off on a side-track because it confuses the bejeesas out of people when a solution is posted that had no previous posts about it.. I would have posted your mssg if you had not done it. smile

OverFlow knows UBCD4WIN a LOT better than I (he probably knows it inside out).
I just thought that the dupe INF names mess us up here. (Something OverFlow once mentioned, and the Mass storage Pack is primarily for disc install and the last few months a ton of drivers got added.)
I am a mecanic.. I make mistakes. I am not a mensa level know-it-all robot.
I need help from the real gurus.
-----
sidenote
AFTER I uploaded it I ran three slipstream tests with that testpack you got a link to.
I have to do some more testing and one of them will be a UBCD4WIN plugin build and then I will run it os available hardware.
Which won't have your hardware, tho.. sad

Last edited by Jaak (2008-02-18 18:37:46)

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

catdog8 wrote:

I'm using bartpe only.  I do have other mass storage drivers installed. Not LSI but several others.

For testing purposes, use driverpacks massstorage drivers only.
Do NOT add own massstorage drivers. They may interfere, results maybe confusing.

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27C3 remids to a ICH7R.

http://download.intel.com/support/mothe … ps_1_1.pdf
There is a  Intel  82801GR (ICH7R) mentioned, no addional massstorage controller.

This describes a 'Embedded SATA Software RAID for ICH7R'
http://manuals.fujitsu-siemens.com/serv … a-raid.pdf

Therefore a PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27C3&SUBSYS_348F8086 use ICH7R hardware and LSI drivers.

Does a iastor.sys conflict exist?

DP_MassStorage_wnt5_x86-32_8022nightly_bartPEtest.7z :
"txtsetup.sif","HardWareIdsDatabase","PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27c3&SUBSYS_348F8086", """MegaINTL"""
sil 3132:
"txtsetup.sif","HardWareIdsDatabase","PCI\VEN_1095&DEV_3132&SUBSYS_71321095", """3132R5C"""

Already integrated driver should work.
Try current test release. Again, do NOT add own massstorage drivers.

Do you use XP source files? Try 2003 source files too.

It does say the following also:

On-Board SATA RAID
- Intel® Matrix Storage Technology supports software SATA RAID 0, 1, 10 and 5.
  Microsoft Windows® driver support only
? Intel® Embedded Server RAID Technology and the LSI* Logic SATA controller
support software SATA RAID 0, 1 and 10.
  Driver support available for all supported operating systems

I'll try a fresh pebuilder with no other drivers and try it using 2003 source files and XP.  I've been using XP I believe.  It's been over a year since I created the first one.  I would have tried it today but we had two guys out and I didn't have time.

I'll report back..

Thanks,

Kevin

Just tried a new load of pebuilder built with 2003 server media, the driverpack base with 8.02.01 driverpack masstorage update.
Couldn't see the drives.   I would try Jaak's test pack but the download link is no good now.

I guess I'll build it again using XP and test.

I anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Thanks,

Kevin

pulled this link, it must first be tested by galapo.

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

I am having the same issues with RAID not loading on the Intel S3000AH mobo. I've built many BartPE and UBCD4Win CDs with and without using N-lite to slipstream the driver, but none load the RAID driver. I have only been able to get the W2K3 embedded RAID driver loaded using the Intel Deployment Assistant 1.3 CD. With it, I can install W2K3 or XP. When I attempt to F6 during an XP SP2 or W2K3 install I ran myself, I get an error when it attempts to load the RAID driver. This is the same driver the Assistant uses!!! The error varies, but it says there was a bad command on line 2000 or so and then gives a path on D: drive. I will copy and past it later when I get in front of the server.

The Assistant is a linux cd, but it does create a PE for W2K3 on a separate partition that is uses then removes. I am tempted to blow my server away again and look at what the Assistant creates. If I do, what should I look for and post here to help out? Thanks.

I just tried the new pebuilder with XP SP2 as the source with no luck.

Sjayp,  I can use F6 and install the driver from a floppy disk.  You can't?

Kevin

Nope. Which driver are you using on the floppy? URL if possible. Do you do anything other than extract it to the floppy disk? Thanks.

This is the error I get when I F6:

\Windows\MegaIDE.sys caused and unexpected error (18) at line 2335 in d:\nt\base\boot\setup\oemdisk.c.

The line # and path on D: change depending on which OS I boot with (W2k3, XP, UBCD4WIN, etc).

Here is a link to my driver disk.

http://www.fieldtek.net/3000ah.zip

Let me know how it works.

Kevin

you cant use nlite to add drivers to a BartPE disk

In fact the problem may be you have made your source no good for bartpe by useing nlite on it

Only Use a CLEAN source for bartpe

catdog8 wrote:

Here is a link to my driver disk.

http://www.fieldtek.net/3000ah.zip

Let me know how it works.

Kevin

it worked on floppy w the W2K3 CD. i'll make a UBCD and see if it works with F6. thanks.