Topic: HP LSI MegaRaid problem

I am new here, so hi all !
I was used to make my driverspack for my BartPE by myself. I need especially drivers for everything from HP.
Some time ago i made decision to switch to DriverPack MassStorage (Ultimateboot cd plugin).
Today first problem on customer site. HP ProLiant ML310 G1 with integrated LSI Megaraid IDE 100.
VEN_1095&DEV_0649&SUBSYST_007E0E11 REV 02
On my old Bart i used driver downloaded from HP site Megaide DriverVer=11/07/2002,2.5.2002.1107; boot without problem.
My new BartPe based on DriverPack v711 BSOD - i think driver Megaide DriverVer=07/09/2003,4.1.0709.2003 D/M/L/*.*.

Some solution ?

Thank you

Re: HP LSI MegaRaid problem

Welcome to DriverPacks.

I can try figure out why this is happening, but you can help us just as well.
Please provide the link to the driver(s) that work so we can look at them.

I was actually looking at the files today, and think I found what causes some errors.
(I found a few "secondary" system files with same filename across drivers, and am in the process of writing fixes. My reasoning here is that we make The "primary" systemfiles load with unique names (because we must), so why not make the "secondary" files have unique names as well. )

I think you will be able to test a driverpack soon.
Please provide links, and help us help you.

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

Jaak,

Sorry about my absence.  I have been VERY busy between work and family stuff.  I'm going to try to be around more often on here.  So, if you need help with anything with the DriverPacks, just let me know.

--Echo_Platoon

http://d1syubgj0w3cyv.cloudfront.net/cdn/farfuture/5ocSdUxUxrK5g8rfTm7_39bPWgBMWiteXNH4McROrNw/perpetual:forever/userbar/mainteam-1.png

This driver works
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/Te … ITY-I17393
(exe file is posible to unpack with 7zip)

Thank you

I urgent need this one to work. So i decided to make my own "3dparty extension". I want make for this particular HWID only my own
3rd Party DriverPacks with renamed driver name. But what i didn't find (or didn't saw) - do i need to edit original inf in original drivers pack (if its possible at all), or has HWID in 3rd Party DriverPacks precedence in case of duplicate entry ?

Sorry for newbie question :-)

Thanks

you cant support the primary hard drive useing a 3rd party DriverPack (Third Party DriverPack)

sorry check the other post ill put up an old one for you... ps its a good idea to keep the old CD/DVD's you create just for this reason. (i am sorry if you dont have older versions cause your a noob!)

edit......

i did some checking and i dont think these drivers were ever in the packs.

Last edited by OverFlow (2007-12-28 16:46:23)

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

if you will post the links to the drivers that work in your other post (the one with the HWIDS included) and add [REQ]uest to the title of the thread then we will add them to the packs.

@jaak read this post http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic. … 509#p16509

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!

profp62 wrote:

do i need to edit original inf in original drivers pack (if its possible at all)

Sorry for newbie question :-)

Thanks

Yes you can edit the mass storage pack yourself and some help is available in the docs folder of base.
however this is not easy. since you have added drivers to bartpe yourself in the past this may be within your ability.
Jaak is quite good at adding drivers and usually turns out test packs in no time. so it may just be easier to wait a few hours on him to do it for you/us.

Hi
I got four softpac files for that HP machine.. and I have some time off, but want some time off too..
I'll try to help you, and hope you will help us help you.

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

OverFlow wrote:

you cant support the primary hard drive useing a 3rd party DriverPack (Third Party DriverPack)

sorry check the other post ill put up an old one for you... ps its a good idea to keep the old CD/DVD's you create just for this reason. (i am sorry if you dont have older versions cause your a noob!)

edit......

i did some checking and i dont think these drivers were ever in the packs.

Of course i have old builds, i am not so stupid, but i don't want go back to self made drivers pack; i think thas is spur track.

These drivers were in the pack of course ! (its LSI MegaRaid)

you cant support the primary hard drive useing a 3rd party DriverPack .... why ? what's the difference ? I had the idea to do something like is alredy made with
iastor55.inf (rename the driver and use it for particullar HWID only)

OverFlow wrote:

if you will post the links to the drivers that work in your other post (the one with the HWIDS included).

I DID IT
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/Te … ITY-I17393

Jaak wrote:

Hi
I got four softpac files for that HP machine.. and I have some time off, but want some time off too..
I'll try to help you, and hope you will help us help you.

Thank you very much; i will try to help.

hi
a mass storage driver you put in third party will only get looked at after windows has set up up and reboots into Plug N Play detection phase.

Put in third party, the mass storage driver would not be used for hard disk detection, which is what most people need. (during TXTmode, when windows setup is started.)

I saw other requests about this HP model, and have FOUR mass storage drivers to look at for this thing.
I just got up, and if it looks like I must work around duplicates (Like in, it is no update but uses same filenames), then I think I will make a TINY pack as a temporary solution.

this would be tested by you.
it MUST be tested by you.
If it works, and I have to do extra work to combine it into the released pack, then you MUST test the full pack too.
That's the deal.

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

Jaak wrote:

hi
a mass storage driver you put in third party will only get looked at after windows has set up up and reboots into Plug N Play detection phase.

Put in third party, the mass storage driver would not be used for hard disk detection, which is what most people need. (during TXTmode, when windows setup is started.)

I saw other requests about this HP model, and have FOUR mass storage drivers to look at for this thing.
I just got up, and if it looks like I must work around duplicates (Like in, it is no update but uses same filenames), then I think I will make a TINY pack as a temporary solution.

this would be tested by you.
it MUST be tested by you.
If it works, and I have to do extra work to combine it into the released pack, then you MUST test the full pack too.
That's the deal.

I will do my best.
The only problem is, that this is one of my customer server and it is a file server, so i must  arrange time for shut down, but i will manage it.

Thank you

G1 servers aren't supported by HP anymore.  I know this from my job last year working on servers.

http://d1syubgj0w3cyv.cloudfront.net/cdn/farfuture/5ocSdUxUxrK5g8rfTm7_39bPWgBMWiteXNH4McROrNw/perpetual:forever/userbar/mainteam-1.png

Hi
I just lost the post I wrote

can you edit the INI?
Well, the file you requested is older than what we have.
We have a newer megaIDE..
However, it is disabled for win 2000
This line disables it
ms_1_exc_disableIfOS="w2k"

I want to get people savvy to some of these tricks.
Rigchtclick the pack, Un7zip to folder, open folder, then open the INI.
go to section [L]
below that section you find ms_1_exc_disableIfOS="w2k"
cut it, and paste it below Jmicron

(we are really close to windows 2000 txtmode meory limit, so it is probaly best to paste it under a driver you do not need.)
Save.

Then select the INI and D folder, Rightclick and run 7zip to pack it up.
It will show the PACK's name, and you better give it higher version number
(example; 7122, if you had 7121)

Then copy the edited pack in the folder you use for slipstreaming.
Then test the build you make with the edited pack.
(You  don't have to run full setup to see whether txtmode DETECTED the hard drive. When it detected the drive, you can bail out, or go ahead and do full setup.)

Full setup would tell you about PnP issues.
I did find a good update in the four files, and an incomplete update which adds no new HWIDs.)

The good update will be in a testpack soon.
(softpac cp007703 has five new HWIDs.

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

@ profp62

the megaIDE you link to had no unique HWIDs.
Now, in the event that the INI edit to enable the driver does not work, you can downgrade the files by replacing the content of D\M\L with the drivers from your download.

The files have same name, so the Pack's INI will reference them.
(it wouldn't be the first time a newer driver will not work on older hardware... and we used LSI reference driver.)

OOPS,  don't try it just like that.
the LSI reference driver has MORE hwids..
Your older driver supports only three HWIDS

For old driver, the section would look like this

[L]
ms_count=1
ms_1_deviceName="LSI MegaRAID IDE Controllers"
ms_1_tag="MegaIDE"
ms_1_sysFile="MegaIDE.sys"
ms_1_hwids="PCI\VEN_1095&DEV_0649&SUBSYS_0649101E,PCI\VEN_1095&DEV_0649&SUBSYS_005D0E11,PCI\VEN_1095&DEV_0649&SUBSYS_007E0E11"
ms_1_isBusExtender=false

Last edited by Jaak (2007-12-29 05:21:21)

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

edited with extra info

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

a testpack is ready
the megaIDE is enabled in this one

-----------------------
in less than 40 minutes you will know...

btw, I once told Ruud a release candidate is a convict... He wants out. LOL.
http://dev link pulled for release

Changes (compared to 712 release)

sILICON 3112
s4b AND s4c were removed. (covered by latest in S4)
S5A and S5B and S5C were removed, (covered by latest in S5)

S4, removed three HWIDs in S4 INI. (and it loads after S5)

SiS
SiS 180/181/182/1182 "unified" driver v2110 is not good for all HWIDs.
re-introduced v1070 and disabled duplicated HWIDs in V2110

FIXES

INI fix
Disabled a few more drivers in INI for windows 2000.
Windows 2000 memory limit for TXTmode requires we disable many, and we had again broken through limit.

INI fixes in [AD2], [AD6],[Ib4],[Ib5] (the new additions required this)

INI fix
[L] LsI SAS, tagname fix

INI fix
[P7] removed a duplicate HWID

Filename fixes;  renamed system file in
[S8A],[SA],[SA2],[SB2],[SB3],[SB4],[SB5],[SC2],[SC3] and [SC4]

NEW
[AD1]
Adaptec AAR-1420SA / AAR-1430SA SATA HostRAID Controller
07/03/2007,1.5.11975.0

NEW
[ADa]
"Adaptec AAR-1220SA/AAR-1225SA SATA HostRAID Controller"
07/08/2007,1.5.12073.0

NEW
[ADb]  "AACSAS Adaptec SAS/SATA-II RAID"
and  "AAC Adaptec RAID Windows 2000/XP/2003 Device Drivers"
09/15/2007, 5.2.0.15317

UPDATE
intel iastor
from 07/12/2007,7.6.0.1011 to 09/29/2007,7.8.0.1012

Updated Jmicron to 11/26/2007, 1.17.31.00

Last edited by Jaak (2007-12-29 14:53:59)

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

profp62 wrote:

you cant support the primary hard drive useing a 3rd party DriverPack .... why ? what's the difference ? I had the idea to do something like is alredy made with
iastor55.inf (rename the driver and use it for particullar HWID only)

Only the mass storage pack is used to slipstream text mode drivers. (enableing you to select it as a destination for your OS)
you can use a 3rd party DriverPack to add a driver for a mass storage controller that you do not wish to boot from.
But it won't be used for the bartpe plugin. Only the Mass Storage pack is used for BartPE - Period.

trust me i completely rewrote the mass storage module for base and just finished writing the XP SP3 code.
I am not just making it up I am one of the programmers for base and am THE one who wrote the BartPE plugin for driverpacks.

profp62 wrote:

Of course i have old builds, i am not so stupid, but i don't want go back to self made drivers pack; i think thas is spur track.

How was i to know you had old builds you said you were new here!
I did not suggest that you go back to a self made pack and i didn't suggest you were stupid
in fact i think i complimented you by saying if you could add drivers to bartpe then you could edit mass storage - which is not easy.
I suggested you use an older official pack to get you up and running imediately while we fixed the issue.
You indicated that time was critical... well a known good working version that you already have is as fast as it gets. 
Useing an old pack is good advice for a person in a hurry, and your comment was a disrespectful thing to say to me.
now that i know your a veteran i will expect more of you. wink including some manners.

it was hector who posted the hwids in the other post...  sorry!

Hi

the C2 update is postponed until we fix case sensitivity.
I released without that update.

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

hi again

softpac cp007703 has five new HWIDs.
cp007703 softpac

This is the driver I wanted to update [C2] with.
But, in [C2] update I get stumped.
It has HPCICCC2.SYS and nothing I do gets around case sensitivity.

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

so in bartpe we need all upper case names and the driver files for this device is hard coded with a case sensitive reference to HPCICCC2.SYS and that reference contains a lower case letter.

that is a show stopper for this driver in PE. Who wishes to break out the hex editor?

Hi again

I was out of mail for some time, so back to initial problem ...
Today the customer gave me time for one test restart, so i tried
new build with driver pack v127. And ...bsod 0A(0x6ced4000,0x...2,0x...1,0x8061f916)
BUT i checked again the build i know was functional and i was WRONG.
Driver Megaide DriverVer=11/07/2002,2.5.2002.1107 was the one used on
installed system, but the one on my old bartpe was according to txtsetup.sif
cmdide.sys ver 2.0.7.0 (i am really suprised).

So now i know really nothing

your feedback is invaluable! you know much and your shareing is apprecieated!

Jeff, NOTHING I did made it work.. INF edit included.

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.