Topic: Can I insert DriverPacks into the basic install disc

Hi,
I have been thinking about a site like this for years. I was wondering why no one had warehoused all of the drivers and voila! here it is. I can't tell you how happy I am to have found this site. It seems like the majority of issues that I run into is from XP changing my drivers from the one's I install to one that was created when sp2 came out and it really screws thing up. I'm not sure why or how this happens but it does to me all the time. Hopefully by having all of the drivers it will prevent windows from stating that there is no driver better than the one that they have installed which in itself is a load of ........
Anyway my questions is that I went to MSFN site and started with the basic or beginner's install and I am at the point where I am about to install the critical updates with WUD 2.25, the next step is testing and then finalizing. I was wondering if I can still use the work that I have done thus far and still install the driverpacks at this point or should I scrap it and start the process over. For what it is worth I am using a retail Win XP sp1 disc for this. I am not sure when you say use an OEM disk if you are referring to one that came with a purchased computer as I built this one and still us the old XP sp1 disc that I have had on hand.
Your help will be greatly appreciated as is this site. Hopefully I will at somepoint be able to make a worhwhile contribution.
Thanks again,
ca
PS l hope that I have posted this in the correct forum.

Re: Can I insert DriverPacks into the basic install disc

this info is well documented over at msfn. Keep reading
OEM disk means a XP installation CD not a restore cd
driverpacks will not allow you to continue if it is not a valid source.
driverpacks is always last in your disk preparation

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

Thanks much for the reply, I thought that I had read the basic install well. I just did not want to proceed past a point where I would have to start over. I will try to read items more thoroughly in the future, but thanks for the quick response to show me the err in my ways.
cal

Your Welcome! and thanks for being here.

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.