Topic: Integrating Drivers Packs with nLite?

Hi,

First, sorry if I posted in the wrong forum or if this question was already asked, although I can't find it in the FAQs or see it before.

Is it a problem to integrate the drivers with nLite rather than DP Base ?
It would seem possible to unpack the 7z files and have nLite integrate the unpacked drivers, doesn't it?
I already use nLite for other things and I would prefer using one tool instead of two.

That said, I assume that if the DP Base Slipstreamer was created, it was with a good reason.
So, which issues may I encounter using nLite instead of DP Base ?
Is there someone else who uses nLite instead of DP Base and has successful results ?

Thanks.

Re: Integrating Drivers Packs with nLite?

Welcome to DriverPacks!

We all use nLite - and we all use base too. (Remember to always run base as the last step in your process)

No. You will not get the expected result integrateing with nLite plus your installation will grow from 300 meg (7-zipped) of drivers to 1.2 gig.
control panels and anything else installed by a setup program would not be executed by nLite but would be by the driverpacks "finisher".

If nLite did this as well then we wouldn't be here... tee hee...
Your right there are a plethora of valid reasons to use DriverPacks Base
and the other three programs we can't live without.

-RyanVM for windows update slipstreaming
-Nlite for automating and tweaking
-Driverpacks for drivers
-WPI (Windows Post Installer) for installing enduser software and registry tweaks.
-Nlite for createing / burning the ISO

Installed in that order is important too

MSFN is a great source of general info check it out http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/

We are glad to help you anytime! Thanks for being here

Last edited by OverFlow (2007-11-13 11:16:18)

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

If you want to cut down on the steps required to create a UWXPCD, I invite you to give RougeSpear's AutoImage a try!

Chances are, that's exactly what you've been looking for - you just didn't know it yet! wink tongue

Hi,

Thanks for your help.
I indeed had problems when unpacking and integrating the drivers with nLite (BSODs) and it is indeed better to use the official integrator (+ the unpacking with method2 looks really cool !).
Thanks for AutoImage helmi, I indeed didn't knew it until I discovered it yesterday when browsing the forum archives...

Thanks,

Hi Vorenus,
I think I'll use your question and the answers to it as basis for some txt, which can be added to the 'fine DriverPacks tutorial' Helmi linked to..

It's been growing into something above basic level, but that is not a bad thing, I guess.

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.