Topic: SATA drivers

HI

XP can't detecte my DD when i want formate,i want integrate sata drivers with MassStorage....my friend tell that i must us methode 2 to integrate by I prefere use method 1............can i use it without any problem??

thanks!!

sorry for my english ^^

Re: SATA drivers

I assume "DD" means in fact HDD.
M1 or M2 is irrelevant for this; however, you will need to enable Text Mode, else it will fail.

Check out the tutorial in my sig for further reference.

Anyway, M2 is actually the superior method, is there any specific reason you want to use M1?

I use method 1 for others Drivers and that's work fine in the pase,but my friend tell me that i must use method 2 for sata driver or setup can't detect HDD (i have this probleme with fujitsu siemens,i can instak XP home from his original CD and i can't installe XP pro with my CD)

if i USE method1 and enable text mode,all things will work fine ??

abdou wrote:

I use method 1 for others Drivers and that's work fine in the pase,but my friend tell me that i must use method 2 for sata driver or setup can't detect HDD (i have this probleme with fujitsu siemens,i can instak XP home from his original CD and i can't installe XP pro with my CD)

As I told you, this has nothing to do with either M1 or M2.
You still haven't said why you prever M1, though (not that it matters).

if i USE method1 and enable text mode,all things will work fine ??

Yes, you will need to enable Text Mode to make HDD detection work, just as I wrote above.
Once again, for this, it does not matter whether you use Method 1 or Method 2.

i don't prefere method 1 but I 'va never test method 2 ^^

but i will test it next week for universal CD because i indestand that's take - palce in CD ^^

method 2 has better compression and takes less space it also allows the driverpack to work completely

Method one will only use the first 4096 characters of the search path
method 2 will allow a full search path (currently in the 6000 to 7000 character range) of the driver packs

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

I used mothod 1 for this and it's work...

someone in ryanvm forum tell me that I can extract massStorage driverpack and integrate it folder per folder or driver per driver with nLite and that's work for Sata Drivers......it's really possible ?? (it's just question,i am so lazy to try it...lol)

Seriously, abdou - you asked for help and they said use method 2 with text mode.  Even still they've said the methods don't really matter either way.  Text mode is all that matters - just enable that and SATA should work fine.

However, integrating driver by driver with nLite is possible - but not a good idea.  It takes much more work than using DriverPacks.  If you are lazy, you'd just use method 2 with text mode enabled.

I'm curious (@one of you on the team), does Text Mode cause any conflicts at all?  I mean, what is (if any) the downside of Text Mode?

~TigerC10~

TigerC10 wrote:

I'm curious (@one of you on the team), does Text Mode cause any conflicts at all?  I mean, what is (if any) the downside of Text Mode?

Well, the only downside I can think of is that you would lose the prompt for "Hit F6 to load RAID drivers".  Not the functionality of F6, just the prompt. Enabling Text Mode makes the F6 option automatic (so you never see the prompt).  Let's put it a different way.  If you enable Text mode, and during the Windows install beginning you have a floppy disk in the drive with SATA drivers on it, the installer would use those drivers without asking as well as the drivers on the CD because that option was automatically selected.
I myself do not use the mass storage DP nor Text mode since my hardware has no use for them.

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

I see.  So the prompt goes away, but if you're holding F6 or if you press it at the right time it will still work so you can load RAID drivers.

Then does that mean that DriverPacks doesn't do RAID drivers?  So if we do have RAID devices and we make our own pack for RAID drivers and stick it in the 3rd party for integration you won't need to worry about F6 at all?  Or would there have to be a special text mode for that?

~TigerC10~

TigerC10 wrote:

I see.  So the prompt goes away, but if you're holding F6 or if you press it at the right time it will still work so you can load RAID drivers.

No, you won't even have to press anything at all.
Just make sure the floppy is in the drive, and it will be picked upautomatically (could be a problem if you are installing from floppies but I seriously doubt anyone is - although you can request a floppy edition of XP at MS!).

In any case, if you are already using the DriverPacks there simply should not be any need for this procedure at all!
If a driver is missing in DPMS, your best solution is to simply request it to have it added.
No more FDDs, no more worries, and it serves us all to have the driver in!

Then does that mean that DriverPacks doesn't do RAID drivers?  So if we do have RAID devices and we make our own pack for RAID drivers and stick it in the 3rd party for integration you won't need to worry about F6 at all?  Or would there have to be a special text mode for that?

No, not at all!
Of course it does RAIDs, that is the point of TM, to install drivers for these controllers.
Apart from SATA, what other need would there be for TM?

ummm SCSI and SAS? tee hee

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

OverFlow wrote:

ummm SCSI and SAS? tee hee

I was talking from a home user's POV, but yeah wink big_smile