Topic: Problem with MassStorage, Promise Fasttrack 100 Lite Controller

hi

i got some plain old asus motherboard with this "promise fasttrack 100 lite" raid ide controller . this controller is attached to my system-hdd .  to install winxp proper i used F6 drivers on floppy normally . now in 2007 i use those fine driverpacks slipmate variant of xp and works normally very well for me .

in this case i experienced the problem, that i boot with a fresh driver-included (newest versions of this site here) winxp_retail cd , but the hdd isnt recoqnized . so i thought "ok , lets use the driverpacks-net winxp again, AND use the f6 driver from floppy whcih i normally use) . but then windows says (in the dos mode installation) "hey, your driver on floppy is "old".. i have already one inside (one of the massstorage pack???) ", which one you want to use. i then tell that i want the floppy one but then the hdd isnt reqognized .

so , the question is : if you use driverpacks-slipmate cd's , AND f6-drivers <- does this combination work? or better not to use?

funny aint ? . now i just used some blank winxp_cd without any drivers slipmated, and i use f6-method and voila it shows me my hdd attached to the promise fasstrak lite 100 controller.

so i think there's something wrong and perhaps its the fact that there were 2 diffrent kinds of promise controllers. the normal fassttrak 100 and the fasttrak100lite <- which was mostly build into year2002 motherboards of asus and other brands.

another idea would be to include my own driver again into the mass-storage pack "or" include manually by editing again those .inf files after slipmated all driverpacks.

any ideas how to proper solve?

Re: Problem with MassStorage, Promise Fasttrack 100 Lite Controller

if you slipstream the driverpacks most likely your f6 driver will fail its a known MS bug related to the oempreinstall=yes in winnt.sif

a setting which is necessary for driverpacks

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

Re: Problem with MassStorage, Promise Fasttrack 100 Lite Controller

the proper way to solve this is to submit your HWID's and request a driver
(hopefully in the mass storage section of the forum)

Last edited by OverFlow (2007-07-28 11:10:23)

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.