Topic: nLite and MassStorage Pack

With the process I am using I can't seem to get a working xp disk.

I am using the following for this build:
nLite as the integrator
RyanVM's update packs
DriverPacks.net's: MassStorage and Lan Packs

The current computer I am working on trying to boot from this disk is a Dell E520. If I go through the process of selecting Regular pnp I get a blue screen (if this is the first time seeing this, yada, yada, yada) during to install boot. If I run with the Text mode selected I get an error message saying missing file "arcsas.sys".  I have tried last three massStorage packs and get the same conclusion.

Now if I use the following build it works:
nLite as the intergrator
RyanVM's update packs
Dell's sata drivers

I know the driver packs work because I used them with Reagoto-X-PE and I have booted the Dell E520 with it.

Some advise would be great, thanks.

Last edited by raksasas (2007-07-10 06:39:00)

Re: nLite and MassStorage Pack

hi
Welcome to DriverPacks.

This will take some time to fix, but I found a problem.
-you won't believe this.. there are six in there, and Four folders in D\M\I\ have no INI section.-

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

Any update on this?

Well, if I were you I'd do RVM before the nLite.  Unless you're talking about using the RVM pack in nLite.  If that's the case, then I'd go get RVM's integrator (they do kinda have different ideas about integration) - and run it before you run nLite.

It may not fix your problem, but anything is worth a shot don't you think?

Does the mass storage driver pack have SATA drivers on it?  During windows setup I've always seen it display "press F3 to install 3rd party SATA drivers".  I haven't ever used this option because I have nothing but IDE drives...

~TigerC10~

raksasas wrote:

Any update on this?

Hi, 
yes, DriverPack was updated, and the driver with "arcsas.sys " should now work.

http://driverpacks.net/DriverPacks/changelog.php?pag=m

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

Jaak to the rescue! *trumpets blare*

~TigerC10~

Lol...

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

Jaak wrote:
raksasas wrote:

Any update on this?

Hi, 
yes, DriverPack was updated, and the driver with "arcsas.sys " should now work.

http://driverpacks.net/DriverPacks/changelog.php?pag=m

Nope I still get "The Arcsas.sys could not be found."

Unfortunately I have the same problem ...

Base - DPs_BASE_7052.exe
Mass Storage - DP_MassStorage_wnt5_x86-32_7092.7z

I am taking an SP1 disk, rolling up with SP2 and hotfixes, removing the games, and making it an unattended install in nLite.  I then integrate the drivers using the base program.

I have the same message as the user describes above.

Is there anything else I should be trying? (I am currently going back to basics and integrating into the original SP1 disc as an experiment)

Cheers

CD

I get the "arcsas.sys" not found error after slipstreaming with nLite and the current Mass Storage Driver Pack.
Am I doing something wrong, or is there a list of drivers that I can remove from the driver pack that may be causing this error?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

*Note: I get the error after creating the .iso and loading it on microsofts Virtual PC

Josefo

Last edited by josefo (2007-12-12 18:33:45)

you shouldnt get driver errors in vmware or virtual machine as they emulate standard hardware

yes you are doing somthing wrong...

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

OverFlow wrote:

you shouldnt get driver errors in vmware or virtual machine as they emulate standard hardware

yes you are doing somthing wrong...

Thanks overflow, your response made me take a closer look at what I was doing and the answer was in front of me all along.
I finally integrated the driver packs and I no longer get the acsas.sys error i was getting.
Many thanks smile

your welcome and have a great day!

UM just in case it may help someone else what were you doing....

I am going to guess You removed all the existing drivers useing nLite...

We add drivers to windows and we don't replace them unless there is an update. most standard IDE drivers dont have upgrades so removing them would make them unavaliable since they are not in the packs.

did i guess correctly?

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!

OverFlow wrote:

your welcome and have a great day!

UM just in case it may help someone else what were you doing....

I am going to guess You removed all the existing drivers useing nLite...

We add drivers to windows and we don't replace them unless there is an update. most standard IDE drivers dont have upgrades so removing them would make them unavaliable since they are not in the packs.

did i guess correctly?

No. care to try for whats behind door number 2?

Just kidding.

Actually my mistake was in having a mass storage driver pack from another provider and the second pack was causing the bashrat pack to get corrupted. I guess the moral here is... Don't mix driver packs from unknown sources, stick with whats available here.
I erased the other pack, slipstreamed with software from here and everything is oki doki now.
I just have to find updated drivers for the new laptops that are coming out from HP. The funny thing is that I work for HP (certified field engineer), but thats another story.
Anyway, thanks for your advice OverFlow smile

Last edited by josefo (2007-12-20 16:09:10)

you are always welcome to submit new drivers here!

1 Start your post with a title that begins with [REQ]
2 supply the HWID for your device that is not recognized (there is a HWID tool available in my signature).
3 Most important is a link to the driver that you know is correct for your device.

so if you find them we use the HWID to make sure its not in the pack already (and if it is why it wasn't used.)
and if it not we add them. the team is awsome about adding them quickly. usually they will be in a test pack within days and released with in weeks. we could release packs faster but testers for the packs are a rare breed.

Thanks for the follow up... jeff