Topic: [SOLVED] Leech Warning issues

I am having some probs with this thing.  I use Kerio for my firewall and it does have an option to block referrer requests, but I disabled that option AND added driverpacks.net and thesneaky.com to the exceptions list, restarted the firewall and still get the leech warning.  I am not behind a proxy and am not aware of anything else that could be filtering the referrer request, unless firefox does this automatically or something.  Any ideas?  Maybe put the files up on usenet somewhere?

Re: [SOLVED] Leech Warning issues

slackmaster wrote:

Maybe put the files up on usenet somewhere?

Yeah, like that's ever going to happen.  roll

Seriously, why don't you try just disabling your firewall completely for about 5-10 minutes?
Just remember that the server is getting bombarded by a DDoS attack.  Be patient.

Last edited by mr_smartepants (2007-04-07 08:16:12)

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

Third party DL programs typicaly will not work (some do) since our server checks for the refering site.
Try plain old IE and see if it works.
If yes then your DLer or Browser is not compatible with our DL site.

Last edited by OverFlow (2007-04-07 09:23:43)

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

mr_smartepants wrote:

Seriously, why don't you try just disabling your firewall completely for about 5-10 minutes?

Bad idea if you do not have any HW protection (eg router with NAT).
Either you have a PFW that's 100% on or you might just do without it altogether.

That's like using condoms only most of the time, if you get the analogy wink

I would, however, seek for a different PFW if this one behaves such user unfriendly.
What is actually the point in blocking referrers?
It does not add to security in any way known to me...
*puzzled*

Just remember that the server is getting bombarded by a DDoS attack.  Be patient.

This could actually be the real reason.
Best is to sit tzhis one out, then think about measures if the problem persists.

does Firefox have privacy settings in its options?
you could look at that, to allow refferal cookies for driverpacks.net

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.