Ran the above with Nlite
Selected all driverpacks
Enabled KTD
Created ISO with Nlite
Nero 7 to create a DVD

Ran perfectly

Progress bar was perfect and accurate

You guys did it again !!!

I'm so glad that this long testing time wasn't in vain smile Thanks for the feedback!

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

Re: Base 7.04

I noticed that you still haven't fixed presetup.cmd......... I bet you tried this but gave up because %CDROM% had a space at the end.   Make sure there's no space between ":" and "&" and it will work, and save you 3 nanoseconds (the WPI guys need to do this because it will save me having to click OK a few dozen times)

FOR %%i IN (C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y) DO IF EXIST "%%i:%TAGFILE%" (SET CDDRIVE=%%i:& goto DONECD)
:DONECD

Footnote:   it's gonna save about 3 nanoseconds so is it worth it?

Footnote2:  Someone please tell the guys who publish WPI that this is the way it's done, not 24 lines e.g.:

If exist c:\blah set CRDOM=C:\
if exist d:\blah set CDROM=D:\
...etc...

Footnote3:   WPI gives me 4 popups that I have to click OK button for..... 'cos I have a front-panel device with 4 USB camera card readers.

Bashrat - The perfectionist in me is offended a bit because you aren't using this code (maybe you didn't know), but it ain't important during preinstall..... on the other hand, WPI is Post-install and so they should learn and improve [NOW], because it does cause popups.

[BTW - thanks for the latest driver packs - I spent 2 days making sure my various builds work with it and found ZERO errors.   Kudos to you, and don't be offended by my attitude - I just want the code to be abso-fkn-lutely perfect, and NOW is not too soon smile)!]

scrooloose wrote:

I noticed that you still haven't fixed presetup.cmd......... I bet you tried this but gave up because %CDROM% had a space at the end.   Make sure there's no space between ":" and "&" and it will work, and save you 3 nanoseconds (the WPI guys need to do this because it will save me having to click OK a few dozen times)

FOR %%i IN (C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y) DO IF EXIST "%%i:%TAGFILE%" (SET CDDRIVE=%%i:& goto DONECD)

Footnote:   it's gonna save about 3 nanoseconds so is it worth it?

Footnote2:  Someone please tell the guys who publish WPI that this is the way it's done, not 24 lines e.g.:

If exist c:\blah set CRDOM=C:\
if exist d:\blah set CDROM=D:\
...etc...

Footnote3:   WPI gives me 4 popups that I have to click OK button for..... 'cos I have a front-panel device with 4 USB camera card readers.

Bashrat - The perfectionist in me is offended a bit because you aren't using this code (maybe you didn't know), but it ain't important during preinstall..... on the other hand, WPI is Post-install and so they should learn and improve [NOW], because it does cause popups.

[BTW - thanks for the latest driver packs - I spent 2 days making sure my various builds work with it and found ZERO errors.   Kudos to you, and don't be offended by my attitude - I just want the code to be abso-fkn-lutely perfect, and NOW is not too soon smile)!]

I'm not sure I can follow what you're saying... Please post "before" and "after" lines wink

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

i dont understand either because the code for WPI is

@ECHO OFF

for /f "delims=: tokens=1" %%i in ("%~dp0") do set drive=%%i:
set wpipath=%drive%\wpi

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

To:      (SET CDDRIVE=%%i:& goto DONECD)

and add the label line after that

It breaks out of the FOR loop as soon as it finds the right drive instead of continuing to check all drives.

And yeah - the WPI stuff I have is prolly from an old release.

I might expect a "perfectionist" to take the time to get all the latest stuff and to pretest suggestions? sorry we offended you.

The WPI code will only do ONE iteration it returns the driveletter that the .cmd file is run from.
I dont see how you could do less than one loop?

So why bother with extra code that is unneccessary?
You didn't test this for yourself?

Both methods are fast, simple and effecient already. I, for one, failed to see your point. 3ns, spare me!

Last edited by OverFlow (2007-04-10 07:50:07)

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!

kudos for the use of "tokens" - that's the best thing I've seen yet.
There's still a lot of code out there that runs 24 consecutive "IF EXIST" statements to discover the right drive and I thought it was generated by WPI - even seen some of this on a system built with WPI 5.6. This code is in the individual CMD files for installing each program.  For my part, I manually fix the CMD files and reconstruct the CD.

Apologies if I got it wrong, and no offense taken - I learned a long time ago that it's OK to be wrong and admit it, and learn from it.

thats the spirit !