Topic: VPS now 2 years & DriverPacks updates - UPDATE

What can I say? I and the rest of the Crew are simply stunned... Your support has been impressing!

Since it was going so well, we thought that it might be a good idea to change our goal from 1 year of VPS hosting to 2 years, that would greatly decrease the annual cost: from 504.52 USD for 1 year to 432.02 USD per year (implying that we'd have to pay 864.04 up front). We have received 542 USD + 18.11 EUR in donations so far for the VPS, which leaves after the "PayPal tax" 514.95 USD + 17.14 EUR. At the current EUR to USD exchange rates that's 537.26 USD of the 864.04 USD we'd need. Taking the PayPal tax in account and some small rounding, our new goal is 900 USD, minus the separate 25 USD (the amount in EUR) of Helmi and the ChipIn target is 875 USD then.

A big thanks to all the people who have already made a donation! (And if you're registered here at the forum, just make a post in this topic to promote yourself to the Donator usergroup, which removes all ads from the forums! (And yes, this ugly procedure is automated at the new website!))

Also, due to an extremely busy week at school I didn't get to posting the DriverPacks updates!
The DriverPacks BASE was updated to version 7.01.6 (which has virtually no bugs left) and DriverPacks Graphics C, LAN, Sound A and WLAN were updated as well, all released on January 25th.

UPDATE:
A nice company has made a donation to me, and not via the ChipIn widget thus it was not detected. They've donated the largest sum so far: 200 USD! Wow! That brings us to 97% of our goal in one big leap!

Last edited by Bâshrat the Sneaky (2007-02-17 08:23:07)

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

Re: VPS now 2 years & DriverPacks updates - UPDATE

Bashrat-

Any chance you can email me?  Maybe I have a solution.

tmservo433 wrote:

Bashrat-

Any chance you can email me?  Maybe I have a solution.

Mail sent.

Why two years though? That is quite a long time to have to stay with that provider...

curtis-92 wrote:

Why two years though? That is quite a long time to have to stay with that provider...

There's a 25 USD setup fee, but if you decide to cancel your account there, you get a refund for the remaining months. For example if we'd decide to move to another host after 8 months, there'd still be 16 months left, which would mean that we'd get 16 * 34.95 USD back. So that's definitely not a problem.

100% !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

muiz3 wrote:

100% !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even a bit more. smile

Simply AMAZING smile

A big thank you to all donators wink smile

still 100 helmi, not more, but its great news smile

Yeah, I mean the sum is $3 over the set aim, so, technically, it is more than 100%, though it shows it as 100% wink

ok smile you got a point there

it's still growing, let's aim for 200% !!! big_smile