Topic: [SOLVED] Possible si3132 problem

First, great work on this project!  It's saved me a bunch of time.

The Si3132 driver (d/m/s/b) doesn't seem to like the cabbed si3132.sy_ file.  During the install I get prompted for the location of the si3132.sys file.  Just clicking browse and open works (without even selecting a file) and the install continues but unfortunately, at that point in the process the usb drivers aren't loaded so unless you have a ps/2 keyboard or mouse, you're stuck with rebooting.

Reinstalling the driver does the same thing but if I expand sy_ it works with no prompt.

thanks...gtj

Re: [SOLVED] Possible si3132 problem

hi

I thought that by enabling legacy USB keyb/mouse in BIOS, it would allow the use of these..

I am not 100 percent sure it will, because I've always plugged USB Keyboards and mice into the PS2 ports using the adaptors that come with these devices.
You see, I think that wasting USB ports on THAT is .. a waste of ports..

Last edited by jtdoom (2007-01-27 06:36:41)

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

I use the Si3132 also , and  no problems here.

I thought that by enabling legacy USB keyb/mouse in BIOS, it would allow the use of these

correct

Last edited by muiz3 (2007-01-27 08:08:21)

@gtj,

can you expand the si3132.sy_ and then tell us what version that file is?
Can you also expand the following 7z file in the OEM folder of your slipstreamed CD?

DPM7011.7z

Can you then go to the d/m/s/b folder and tell us what version that si3132.sys is?

Can you also describe in what phase during setup you are prompted for the si3132.sys file?

Well, after finding that all the si3132 files are indeed the exact same version (1.0.19.0) and size (74672) I decided to just re-create the slipstreamed package.  It worked fine this time.   I'm not sure what happened the first time but it's working now.

Thanks anyway.

Case closed ...