Topic: [SOLVED] Finisher NOT starting after install...

Hello here i am again wink

When integrating, this time gladly no errors but a new problem arises... the Finisher is NOT starting after the Windows Install... it just starts windows.

Re: [SOLVED] Finisher NOT starting after install...

I built a XP Home disk last night and it worked perfectly and installed KTD at the end of the install.

Could you post the exact routine you use to create the CD/DVD so the guru's can analyze it.

i.e. Do you integrate Ryan VM etc. What versions ????

Yes i do a lot of things before but driverpacks as last one... the iso installs perfect BUT no finisher smile

How do you start the finisher?

I do not know, driverpacks aranges that for me...

But i choose RunOnceEx at 999 but i will choose RunOnce for the test i am doing now.

It does work for everybody else, so it must be something specific to your system wink

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

Friends4U wrote:

But i choose RunOnceEx at 999 but i will choose RunOnce for the test i am doing now.

And how do you install your programs? Runonce? WPi?.......

Bâshrat the Sneaky wrote:

It does work for everybody else, so it must be something specific to your system wink

LOL i think you tought that before wink But ok, i did not report this as a bug either... just trying to solve my problem.

muiz3 wrote:
Friends4U wrote:

And how do you install your programs? Runonce? WPi?.......

No i don't use WPI... just the RunOnce the base creates in the winnt.sif but he puts the tag in there with a tab (white space) before it.... i manually removed the space and testing again now.

This fixed my problem.

Friends4U wrote:

This fixed my problem.

What exactly? Removing that whitespace? That doesn't make sense, you can indent any entry in a .ini format file as far as you want, any ini parser will ignore the whitespace...

mhuwaaa problem is not entirely fixed, the above is not correct... it is partially fixed when i use GuiRunOnce but then the desktop.ini issue arises again (not in the startup folder (you fixed that) but in startmenu and some other folders). i now have completely rewritten the winnt.sif and precopy.cmd and made some batchfiles because i cannot wait any longer i need a working install cd... you can lock this topic if nobody else has this problem if you like.

Friends4U wrote:

mhuwaaa problem is not entirely fixed, the above is not correct... it is partially fixed when i use GuiRunOnce but then the desktop.ini issue arises again (not in the startup folder (you fixed that) but in startmenu and some other folders). i now have completely rewritten the winnt.sif and precopy.cmd and made some batchfiles because i cannot wait any longer i need a working install cd... you can lock this topic if nobody else has this problem if you like.

I'd like to get more details about that desktop.ini issue you describe. It's not much work to add more work-arounds if necessary.

You removed it from the startup folder by fixing the attributes for the desktop.ini, but it also shows up in the statmenu and "bureau-accessoires" i do not know the english version of that folder. I think that should solve that issue. Why the Finisher won't start on my configuration is a riddle to me, all bases worked good asside from other issues but from this base i cannot get the Finisher to start with GuiRunOnceEx at 937 or any other number for that mather.

Last edited by Friends4U (2007-01-27 09:35:48)