Topic: [SOLVED] Getting Started

I'm a total n00b at this, so this might seem like a dumb question:

I run an ATI Mobility Radeon X700 on a Toshiba Satellite Pro M70 notebook. I haven't been able to download it's latest drivers from ATI or Toshiba directly (for some reason), so i found this driver pack and decided to give it a try. So here's the stupid question: After downloading (which i did), how do i actually get the drivers on my pc and working? (i believe the drivers for my card in this pack are version 8.something?). I don't want to go copying and pasting stuff to the wrong places....

Re: [SOLVED] Getting Started

You need to create a new Windows CD and reinstall.
I believe this is what you haven't gathered yet, right?

It will not help you getting your current system's drivers updated.

Ooookay......so how do create a new Windows CD? And after i've created it, do i just go to the 'update drivers' option in control panel to install them?

Helmi wrote:

It will not help you getting your current system's drivers updated.

You lost me on this..... O_o

You can update the drivers on your current system. Do this:

1) Extract DriverPack Graphics A.
2) Go to Control Panel > System > Hardware, now right-click your device and click "update driver".
3) A new window will pop up, "No I don't want to.... this time", then choose advanced and then navigate to <directory where you extracted>\D\G\A\1, hit ok and hit ok again. Now it should be installing the driver for you...

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

When i do that in Windows XP, it says that the wizard could not find a better match for the hardware i already have installed. The driver i have installed is version 8.162 apparently. When i check the driver details, most of the files are version 6.14.

Some of the mobility cards have funny HWIDs, which mean you need a specific driver which ATi do not provide. The same is true with my iMac, which has a ATi X1600 mobility in it!