Topic: ntfs.sys stop error when I add DP_MassStorage_wnt5_x86-32_1209.7z

Dear Sirs,

I have been prepping a BartPE to be used to recovers files from an old Dell machine. I had stared include the driver packs from DriverPacks.net because the BartPE seemed not to be able to see the 2 Hard drives that I am trying to recover that are on that Dell computer, even though that computer has windows XP installed on it. So I thought that the Dp_MassStorage_wnt5_x86-32 Drivers might be able to help me with this issue, But when I boot up  from the PE cds (either Bart or UBCD4) that I installed the MassStorage drivers on, I get the Blue Screen Crash.
*** STOP 0x00000024
*** ntfs.sys

This only happens when I have when I have built these PEs with the "# DriverPacks.net - MassStorage" Plug-in option Enabled. Disable ti and there is not problem. But I can't read the hard drives on the computer either.
I have tried this with the V9.01 MassStorage package that was preinstalled by UBCD4Win system, witch didn't include DPs_Base.exe. and the lasted package of MassStorage drivers V12.09 witch I prepped with DPs_Base.exe for both Bart and UBCD. Both versions of driver packages and both version of the BartPE have the same Error.   

Interesting enough, there is no error when I test my BartPEs on VmWare.

So my first question is what info can I give you that would let you help me with this problem.

Also if someone know if my approach of installing the mass storage driver for salving this problem of not being able to read hard dives on the computer from a BartPE as being wrong and know the right way of going about it, then I would be happy to be corrected on this subject.

Thank you for your help in advance, and hope you can give some constructive feed back

Nonlin

Re: ntfs.sys stop error when I add DP_MassStorage_wnt5_x86-32_1209.7z

STOP 0x00000024, 0X0000024, 0X24, NTFS_FILE_SYS Error Code. Applies to: Windows XP and other operating systems. This stop error means that your ntfs file system is corrupt (damage in the file system, bad hard drive data, corrupt SCSI or IDE drivers or a corrupt ntfs.sys file).

Try a different PC just to test (not a VM). Try a new source for your build. Try Easy2Boot with UBCD4win on a thumb drive if your  machine boots to USB.

you failed to comply with rule #1 so I lack the info to provide full support.  For example. did you do your PE builds with XP or 2k3? what Service Pack level? What are the HWIDS of the target system?  my favorite analogy here is - you might as well ask me why your car doesn't start, my guess would be just as good. I don't even know if you have a car at this point. Then you asked what we needed, we already told you this, when you signed up you checked the box and agreed that you read rule one, results are always better when we read the directions

I would try a newer PE build, based on nt6. Glad to help with this 10 year old software but... the newer stuff is better.

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.