Topic: Windows XP DP Update?

Any one planning to update XP Driver Packs,
Last person who done it is TechDude but he was not active for long
Thanks
Please donot forget your old friend , XP.

Re: Windows XP DP Update?

In as much as there are very few, If any, new drivers for XP. The need to update therefore is negligible.  They certainly could be updated if somebody volunteered to update them, and test them... Like Techdude did. He made quite a few test packs but never submitted anything as a release candidate / final, they were all what we call "nightlies". There was a time when we would have new packs nightly for testing by our testing team, at that time we had 10 or so peeps working on packs. I suppose that if a few requests were made to make any of Tech's packs release candidates or finals we could certainly do that too big_smile.

Tech just simply disappeared on us without a word - and the email he signed up with is closed. No idea at all what happened there. Gone and not even a puff of smoke left behind tongue. He was great to have around, I wish I knew more.

We never forget old friends.

Your welcome

Jeff

PS I just noticed that you OP'ed on my Birthday LOL

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

I am really missing Techdude.
Thanks LoL
If i have some time , I will try updating his pack if you peeps want?
Really Xp not getting any major update but this month atleast 33 Manufacturer released update.
Can i please update LAN , WLAN, CHIPSET, MASTORAGE, GFX , SOUND Pack?

We would be glad to have help, it's the fuel that runs our engine.

Techdud did a lot of experimental work, and used some unconventional ideas, which is fine. You could start with his packs or you could start with some existing finals and update those. It will probably be more stable and easier to start with finals but that is up to you. SamLab may have some stuff too. He's a member here that releases packs on his own site. At one time he would simply release our nightlies / test packs. The feedback we got from him was great, and since none of us speak Russian it opened an untold number of non English speaking people to the testing team, and enabled us to finalize packs more quickly. What I am getting at is his packs should be updated versions of our DriverPacks from here, and might (or might not) be stable. That also might be a good place to start from for a final.

mr_smartepants and I decided a long time ago that we weren't going to release anymore NT5 packs. It's a lot of work and not a lot of need. BUT a lot of time has gone by since they were updated and released. Once in a while I think it's still worth doing.  If you put in the work to assemble them and submit nightlies (beta) and Release Candidates (RC) then I'll final test and release them as finals.   

I have added you to the testing team and you will find some new forums are now exposed to you.

Welcome to the DriverPacks team

Jeff

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!

Thanks alot friend for adding me .
My exams will end in 14th july . Still that i will have some overhead of studies after that i will make and upload everything.
Techdudes inf modes are awesome , it detected my Z170 boards lan driver flawlesly. Windows XP is a un stop able oS .
Any way i am happy to help every one.
I wish to take TechDudes one as soarce

what is SamLab site?

Search is our friend.  If you try "samlab drivers" on Google it yields http://samlab.ws/soft/samdrivers/
In order to complete these packs you will need to learn to use search. I won't have time to google for you.

XP has been stopped years ago... by it's creator. as was win 98, NT4 and win 3.11. All awesome, all history, and that is OK. I have running copies of all, even working 5-1/4 floppy drives. I don't use them often but when I do it's very cool. If you want to run XP please do, have fun!

I will repeat what a painter (and a very excellent friend) told one of my clients once...
"If you want to run today's software you need today's computer. If you have a five year old computer then you need to run 5 year old software."  XP is 15 and new programs that will support it are going to becoming scarce fast. I love XP as I have other older OS's, sooner or later we need to move on or be left behind and forgotten.

As long as YOU are having fun that is the most important thing!!! 

Jeff

Including me and my two friends are working on compability layer for XP.
It is not going to touf to make xp as much compatible with 10.
AS xp is almost mordern os.
I have patched working samsung and intel nvme driver for XP.
Also Ram patch to unlock up to 128Gb ram limit in XP, yeah /PAE