Topic: LAN Driver Pack for BartPE

Hello,

I am trying to add the drivers for Mass Storage and LAN to my BARTPE build. I've removed all the drivers from the C:\pebuilder3110a\drivers\SCSIAdapters and C:\pebuilder3110a\drivers\Net folders. I've installed and run the base program with no errors and I can see 3 plugins (# DriverPacks.net - BASE, # DriverPacks.net - LAN, 12.05, and # DriverPacks.net Mass Storage, 12.09)

Base plugin is disabled and the other two are enabled.

When I boot a system any system and try and enable the networking I get the error "Unable to Load Network Adapters"

I'm using Windows 2003 R2 SP2 for my base image and PE Builder v3.1.10a

I'm guessing I'm missing something, but all searches have gotten me nowhere.

If someone could help it would be greatly appreciated smile.

Re: LAN Driver Pack for BartPE

many drivers have dependencies, other plugins like HWPnP.

try building BartPE with UBCD4Win, if that works (and i know it does) then you are missing one or more plugins that support your drivers.

Remember it's PE not windows, just because you add something doesn't mean it will work, at least not without doing some preparations first.

UBCD4Win has all the dependencies included and debugged for you, it even includes the DriverPacks plugins already big_smile

PS IDK if 2k3 r2 is compatible with BartPE???  If UBCD4Win fails try 2k3 (not R2)

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

OverFlow wrote:

many drivers have dependencies, other plugins like HWPnP.

try building BartPE with UBCD4Win, if that works (and i know it does) then you are missing one or more plugins that support your drivers.

Remember it's PE not windows, just because you add something doesn't mean it will work, at least not without doing some preparations first.

UBCD4Win has all the dependencies included and debugged for you, it even includes the DriverPacks plugins already big_smile

PS IDK if 2k3 r2 is compatible with BartPE???  If UBCD4Win fails try 2k3 (not R2)

Thanks for the reply Overflow

I've been able to get the UBCD4WIN working just fine, loads the network drivers flawlessly. I would like to get a Bart working as I am using UDA 2.0 to PXE boot images and it doesn't have an option for UBCD4WIN.

I've since added XPE to my build and ran InfCacheBuild before burning the ISO. Still no luck. I guess I'll head down the road of trying to get UBCD4WIN to PXE boot.

Thanks again for your help.

Note on at least one machine here, when i hibernate a windows installation, the network is unavailable until i properly shut down the Windows installation.  Probably not your issue though.

"you need to supply valid licenses to the UDA for the commercial OS's in that list. "
     quoted from:  http://www.ultimatedeployment.org/ossupport.html

Probably not your issue either, yet thought it needed mentioning just in case.

Perhaps the latest BIOS/uEFI for that unit would contain a newer PXE ROM.  Beware that a bad flash or power outage can brick it though, so know what you are doing if you decide to do so (which you probably do, yet it need be said for every reader's sake).

If at first you don't succeed, try the [Nightlies].   Here & here.     smile
Two years of updates might make a difference.

What is your LAN's HWID, by the way?

Last edited by TechDud (2014-06-05 06:51:41)

UBCD4Win IS BartPE... It has just been preloaded with the right combination of plugins to make life SIMPLE.

if you look there is good old PeBuilder... just as expected.

If you can do it with BartPE you can do it more easily with UBCD4Win's version of BartPE.

If you have a workin BartPE plugin for your needs just add it to your buld big_smile.

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.