Topic: New Driver Packs not installing..

Ive just updated my packs to the latest bar the Chipset as i use the 6.05 to avoid the Dell issue.

run the packs in my Autoimage as per normal. setup my relivent RIS image & installed a PC. When the final XP reboot goes through the Answer file is lost & the XP questions apear. once i run through the questions & get into XP it apears no drivers are installed & thus the no XP network driers loses my connection to the network for the answer files & software installs. not one installed Display, Audio, mass storage, sound.
  Anyone have any ideas why the drivers are not installing..? im just rerunning the Autoimage again to try creating the RIS image again but i think the problem will persist.

Re: New Driver Packs not installing..

You may want to post your log files wink

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

its working now after rerunning Autoimage. i did have a message about driver pack finisher failing but im rerunning & install to see if this now re occurs.

When runonceEX.cmd runs DPsFnshr.exe it reports windows cannot find "c:\DPsFnshr.exe". ive just checked by access through the default share & the exe file is not there. the DPsFnshr.7z is in the bin folder & there is a DPsFnshr.ini file in c:\. why is the DPsFnshr.exe not apearing to extract into c:\

DPsFnshr.ini

[Settings]
; DO NOT SET THIS MANUALLY, LET THE DriverPacks BASE DO IT FOR YOU! (may NOT contain any spaced, if it does, all exceptions must be adapted to be compatible!)
DPsRoot    = "%SystemDrive%"
; DO NOT SET THIS MANUALLY, LET THE DriverPacks BASE DO IT FOR YOU!
KTD = "false"
; system variables supported (see remarks for a list) one location cannot be used as
; KTDlocation: the root directory specified in[Settings]\DPsRoot
KTDlocation    = "%SystemRoot%\DriverPacks"
; system variables supported (see remarks for a list)
logLocation = "%SystemRoot%"
; enables/disables debug mode (enabled by default)
debug = "true"

I had the same issue. I was thinking it might be the presetup from the scriptpack. but not sure. I have a post in the ScriptPack which might net better results from the man himself.

refresh me, please?
what"s the dell issue?

edit, found it
the chipset.
I wish I had a copy of 605
but more than that, I would like to get the files from a DELL CD..

Last edited by jtdoom (2007-04-14 07:44:30)

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.