Topic: DriverPacks BASE and all DriverPacks updated to 7.04! - UPDATED

The wrong version got uploaded, a last bugfix and the BartPE functionality were not included in the 7.04 that was online. If you've downloaded the DriverPacks BASE before April 5, 11:00 (that's 11 AM, yes) GMT, please download it again! Sorry for any inconvenience.

Ye be warned, this is a lengthy post, but I recommend you to go through it from beginning to end, there's a lot of new stuff you should know about! wink

Finally it's here! DriverPacks BASE 7.04 is around, with major internal improvements in the Finisher, an extraction progress bar for method 2 (contributed by SuperTibaldoKart) and initial BartPE support (DP MassStorage only so far). Bart PE support is coded by OverFlow, and he did an excellent job, but it would not have been possible without the patient, fast and accurate guidance by the UBCD4WIN developers (and especially you two, hilander999 and cdob)!

And then of course, the updated DriverPacks. Listing their changelogs would probably quadruple this post's length, so I'll refer to their respective changelog pages to get to know what's changed exactly. See the ever-handy overview page that links to all device lists, changelogs and download pages!
Credits go to muiz - who's done the most work, as has become usual. jtdoom has also done a large chunk.

I'd hereby also like to apologize to muiz in particular and jtdoom, OverFlow and the others for my absence during prolonged times. But it's hard to find a balance between school, personal life and this project. Whenever the balance tips to either school or DriverPacks, I of course choose school, for obvious reasons. In the very near future, you guys WON'T be held back by me, you will be able to decide yourself when to release a new DriverPack wink

To the translators: all your translations will give warnings because of the new entries for the BartPE GUI profile. Don't worry, just submit your new translations through the bugtracker as usual and they'll be included in 7.04.1.

DriverPacks BASE - 7.04
=======================

Finally it's here!

New in this release:
- initial BartPE support (OverFlow)
- per-Driverpack .ini's for exceptions (i.e. for the DriverPacks Finisher) (BashratTheSneaky)
- progress bar while DriverPacks are extracting (method 2) (SuperTibaldoKart)

- 0000359: [DriverPacks BASE misc.] Initial BartPE support: DP MassStorage text mode only (OverFlow)
- 0000360: [DriverPacks Finisher] Incorrect DriverPack .ini importing behaviour (BashratTheSneaky)

DriverPacks BASE - 7.03rc4
==========================
- 0000358: [DriverPacks Finisher] Cleanup of .ini's and mute.exe (BashratTheSneaky)

DriverPacks BASE - 7.03rc3
- 0000357: [DriverPacks Finisher] When multiple .ini's are imported, things just go *wrong* (BashratTheSneaky)
- 0000355: [DriverPacks Finisher] Mute during KTD (BashratTheSneaky)

DriverPacks BASE - 7.03rc2
- 0000354: [DriverPacks BASE misc.] UBCD4Win Configuration Utility added to the list of registered applications (BashratTheSneaky)
- 0000353: [DriverPacks Finisher] Bug in Finisher's INIT stage (BashratTheSneaky)
- 0000348: [translations] Spanish translation updated (ricktendo64)
- 0000352: [translations] Dutch translation updated (reported by muiz) (BashratTheSneaky)
- 0000350: [DriverPacks BASE misc.] Ability to automate the slipstreaming process (BashratTheSneaky)

DriverPacks BASE - 7.03rc1

Since we did not get 7.02 stable before the beginning of March, it's now retagged to 7.03.

- 0000345: [translations] German translation updated (Helmi)
- 0000347: [DriverPacks Finisher] Minor bug in the Finisher (BashratTheSneaky)

DriverPacks BASE - 7.02b1
=========================

In development, new features in this version!

- 0000342: [translations] Polish translation updated (dziubek)
- 0000336: [translations] Chinese (Simplified) translation updated (gskening)
- 0000346: [DriverPacks BASE misc.] Make nightly version comparisons less vulnerable (BashratTheSneaky)
- 0000341: [DriverPacks BASE misc.] Extraction progress bar for method 2 (thanks, SuperTibaldoKart!) (BashratTheSneaky)
- 0000329: [translations] "False" is not translated on the Overview page (BashratTheSneaky)
- 0000340: [DriverPacks Finisher] Split DPsFnshr.ini into per-DriverPack .ini files (BashratTheSneaky)

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

Re: DriverPacks BASE and all DriverPacks updated to 7.04! - UPDATED

Wow, very thank you smile

I see this went public today (the BartPE initial implementation).  I don't mean to be a stickler about anything, but where's the mention of EVERYONE ELSE who helped with this, especially the year long (or more) work with the UBCD4Win Team, etc.?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/LittlBUGer/Sigs/LittlBUGer_Sig.jpg
http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style5,LittlBUGer.png

thanks but download doesn't work

ok now working smile

Last edited by grzesiek (2007-04-05 03:40:10)

LittlBUGer wrote:

I see this went public today (the BartPE initial implementation).  I don't mean to be a stickler about anything, but where's the mention of EVERYONE ELSE who helped with this, especially the year long (or more) work with the UBCD4Win Team, etc.?

You're very right about this, sorry! I had written this post where I *did* mention you guys, but then I accidentally closed the window and lost my unsaved content. I guess I forgot to add it when retyping it. Will fix in a minute.

EDIT: done! wink

Last edited by Bâshrat the Sneaky (2007-04-05 20:23:14)

Thanks.  smile

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/LittlBUGer/Sigs/LittlBUGer_Sig.jpg
http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style5,LittlBUGer.png

I was looking like crazy for the NEW entries to translate but I could not find them... Now I know why tongue

EDIT I cant download the new base sad

Last edited by ricktendo64 (2007-04-06 09:03:16)

ricktendo64 wrote:

I was looking like crazy for the NEW entries to translate but I could not find them... Now I know why tongue

EDIT I cant download the new base sad

The server is going through rough times... it can't handle all the traffic tongue Time for BitTorrent or for more mirrors.

Is it ok, if I give a mirror via Rapidshare? I've a premium acc and will have it forever ... smile But atm I haven't the BASE pack in its EXE package ...

Last edited by McStarfighter (2007-04-06 21:00:42)

The only "problem" with Rapidshare is that as a non-paying user you can only DL one file at a time and only one every two or so hours.
Unless you could pack all related files (BASE+all DriverPacks) into one big archive it may bt a bit clumsy to get them from there.
Then again, better that way than no mirror at all!

But personally, I would prefer a BT or ED2k link, as that is a one-click DL smile

If Bashrat give me an OK, I mirror it on Rapidshare ... First I would make a complete package, but atm without the 3rd Party DriverPacks, because imho they aren't compatible with the actual DP versions ...

Congratz. I'll need this again quite soon.

R.

I only need the base not all the driverpacks. Can somebody upload it to a file sharing site?

EDIT: nvm I used my browser's download instead of my Download Accelerator and the download works now

Last edited by ricktendo64 (2007-04-07 04:06:19)

ricktendo64 wrote:

I only need the base not all the driverpacks. Can somebody upload it to a file sharing site?

EDIT: nvm I used my browser's download instead of my Download Accelerator and the download works now

Download managers have been blocked for months now, because they virtually without exception do multiple simultaneous requests, which increases the load on the server.

McStarfighter wrote:

If Bashrat give me an OK, I mirror it on Rapidshare ... First I would make a complete package, but atm without the 3rd Party DriverPacks, because imho they aren't compatible with the actual DP versions ...

IMHO?
Either they work or they don't and from what I can tell, they do smile

Anyway, leaving out 3PDPs is fine by me at least.

Bâshrat the Sneaky wrote:

Download managers have been blocked for months now, because they virtually without exception do multiple simultaneous requests, which increases the load on the server.

Well, can't speak for other programs, but the one I use, GetRight, does only initiate additional connections on user input by default.
I don't quite see the difference between DLing one file with, say, five connections or five files with one connection (using just your browser).

Then again, I can live with the situation.
As long as my DL manager still works on those nightlies (fear not, I load these only with one connection per file), it's not too much work switching it off once for the official packs wink

Last edited by Helmi (2007-04-07 06:20:01)

Hey, had big problems with downloads, so files are also here on my server (Bashrat if it is OK with you?):
Feel free to use these, decent speed here (for now:)
h**p://www.amitri.si/test/dp/DPs_BASE_704.exe
h**p://www.amitri.si/test/dp/DP_Chipset_wnt5_x86-32_704.7z
...and so on...

Your links are totally broken, mate.

I assume the ** was by purpose (so far, we haven't punished any one for posting links, only these darn adbots, so feel free to post proper ones smile), but the smiley messes it up completely.

Helmi wrote:

Your links are totally broken, mate.

I assume the ** was by purpose (so far, we haven't punished any one for posting links, only these darn adbots, so feel free to post proper ones smile), but the smiley messes it up completely.

Sorry for the smiley, links are in this post, don't mind the language smile :
http://amitri.wordpress.com/2007/04/08/driverpacksnet/

Last edited by Amitri (2007-04-09 06:54:01)