Topic: SoundMax misdetected as Realtek causing BSOD on IBM

Hello,

I've working on making a sysprep image on an IBM NetVista 8305-G7U.  After imaging the device manager shows the soundcard as a RealTek AC97 with a exclamation mark next to it.  If I tell it to up date the driver without going online it will attempt to reinstall the RealTek driver, BSOD, and then reboot.  However, if I let it check Microsoft Update, it will find the correct SoundMax driver and install it without issue.

Hardware ID:
VEN_8086&DEV_24C5&SUBSYS_02671014&REV_01

Thanks,
skinlayers

Re: SoundMax misdetected as Realtek causing BSOD on IBM

I can confirm this exact behavior on Gateway E2100 series machines so far.  These machines do in fact have SoundMAX and not Realtek hardware.

Hardware ID:
PCI/VEN_8086&DEV_24C5&SUBSYS_2010107B&REV_02

is this same issue???

Illegal System DLL Relocation, REALTEK HD Audio Control Panel

Click Here to open a page with a link to download the patch to fix the "Illegal System DLL Relocation" error.

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

this anouncement was on other board I hang out at, and we can but hope this is not the cause of your issue.

an svcpack fix would be needed if this is the case

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

skinlayers can you email me at me so stinky at g mail dot com? You seem to be the only one here who got sysprep to play nice with driverpacks. Bashrats directions here, http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=768  apparently don't work right and your directions haven't been commented on by anyone else and I don't know if you have figured anything else out since your original post.

If you come by my post please email me. Thanks!

Hi
just my opinion, but we'd rather see solutions posted so others can also benefit.

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

jtdoom wrote:

is this same issue???

Illegal System DLL Relocation, REALTEK HD Audio Control Panel

Click Here to open a page with a link to download the patch to fix the "Illegal System DLL Relocation" error.

It's not the same issue in my case.  The driver isn't Realtek, so the MS fix is null and void.  If this was in fact a Realtek sound board, it would apply.

Seeing as the embedded sound is Soundmax, the fault is in the detection phase of the driver install.

skinlayers wrote:

Hello,

I've working on making a sysprep image on an IBM NetVista 8305-G7U.  After imaging the device manager shows the soundcard as a RealTek AC97 with a exclamation mark next to it.  If I tell it to up date the driver without going online it will attempt to reinstall the RealTek driver, BSOD, and then reboot.  However, if I let it check Microsoft Update, it will find the correct SoundMax driver and install it without issue.

Hardware ID:
VEN_8086&DEV_24C5&SUBSYS_02671014&REV_01

Thanks,
skinlayers

Just ran into the same issue again on an HP NC6230 with a SoundMax card id:
VEN_8086&DEV_266E&SUBSYS_0944103C&REV_03

I've been deleting D\S\R\1 to avoid the problem.