Topic: DPMS 7.01.1: Problem with "viaraid.sys", file missing from archive

Hello all.

Many thanks for your driver packs. I have downloaded both the MassStorage and LAN driverpacks to build a Bart PE CD.

I have no problem with the LAN driverpack but it seems that a file is missing with the MassStorage one. When booting from the CD, I got the following error : "The file viasraid.sys could not be found."

Is this file really will missing or is it superseded by the viamraid.sys file ? How to fix the error properly ? I guess it has something to do with the Storage.inf file.

Regards.

Re: DPMS 7.01.1: Problem with "viaraid.sys", file missing from archive

Usually, such a message means the file cannot be read from the disc, but is present regardless.
That means, either the disc, your HDD or your RAM may be corrupted or there could be some dirt on the reading drive's lense.

We suggest testing a new ISO in a VM before burning and when buring, if you use Nero, definately enable disc verification!

Thanks for your reply.

Before burning anything, I have extracted all file from the "DP_MassStorage_wnt5_x86-32_7011.7z" file but I found no "viasraid.sys" file whereas it is listed in the "Storage.inf" file.

I have only "viamraid.sys", "viapdsk.sys", "videX32.sys" and "videX64.sys".

Strange that nobody else has reported this. Do I have to comment the lines refering "viasraid.sys" or replace what's refering "viasraid.sys" by "viamraid.sys" ?

Thanks.

Hm, maybe it's indeed missing.

In this case, if verified the archive did in fact extract properly (using 7-Zip it would prompt an error if not), you should report that in the MS forum.

I will move you over there for now.

The reason no one else may have spotted this is either the file only gets loaded in Via systems (which are realtively few now compared to some years ago) or that all our testers are already working with a new version which may already have the error corrected (this would imply no one else of the regular users dared to report it, though...).

Hi

Maybe not a great many do bartPE.
fwiw, that filename is not even referenced in any of the DriverPacks driver INF and INI (I used txt search)

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

Sorry, you're right jtdoom. In fact the problem is not in the "DP_MassStorage_wnt5_x86-32_7011.7z" but in the AutoHelp plugin :

The "TXTSETUP.DAT" file that is used to create the "Storage.inf" file has some occurences of "viasraid.sys" whereas it is no more in the 7z archive.

So it's a problem with the reagoto plugin smile

in a fresh unpacked UBCD4win I do find a folder where that file is in...
We are testing the DPs_Base bartPE plugin for UBCD4WIN, and that mass storage folder is not used in our tests.

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.