Topic: OPEN: Auto ISO Creating

IMHO, it would be better to add an option to create ISO file after slipstream drivers.

Thanks.

Last edited by Bâshrat the Sneaky (2006-06-27 22:18:54)

Re: OPEN: Auto ISO Creating

I'm sure you could use this somehow.
If you only use the command line tool, it could be called from a script at the end of the slipstream process.
Not use if you could work that in yourself or if Bash needs to enable it though...

I'm aware of cdimagegui. But why use two programs while you can easly have one? Bâshrat the Sneaky can implement ISO creation in Base gui or can open an exit at the end of the process where user puts his commands.

No, what I meant is, if you know how, you could script support for ISO creation using CDIMAGE tool yourself (I think) wink

That is, at least for so long it would take Bâshrat the Sneaky to implement support.

Since DP slipstreaming is the last step I do, it obvously would come in very handy to have it auto-create the ISO, I agree with you here.
I find it kind of pointless having the option in nLite, OTOH, since it's still missing the drivers then.

It will be implemented, was already on my todo list. It will be implemented nLite-alike, though without the progress bar probably... or perhaps not, I haven't had the time to look into that yet.

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

I suggest use mkisofs. It's a GNU/GPL software, not CDIMAGE !

What's the advantage of it?
(not of GNU/GPL, but the actual software smile)

It's possible to include mkisofs in other programs, I know that CDImage is not redistruable ?!

Will we see this feature in 6.08.x? No big effort is needed as only one command line is added to the end of process!

Thanks.

smile

fargo wrote:

Will we see this feature in 6.08.x? No big effort is needed as only one command line is added to the end of process!

Thanks.

smile

Don't forget that I also must add a GUI page for it wink Other priorities first, but this will definitely be added... wink

All the respect Bâshrat the Sneaky, but one check box would not be big deal!

Here is an example:

if checkbox then
mkisofs.exe -iso-level 4 -force-uppercase -volid ""%CD_label%"" -A PEBUILDER/MKISOFS -sysid ""Win32"" -b BOOTSECT.BIN -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -hide BOOTSECT.BIN -hide boot.catalog -o ""%ISOfile%"" ""%OutDir%""
endif

Last edited by fargo (2006-08-19 07:24:29)

I think most people would like to be able to enter a customized command...

I just won't do it before the remaining bugs are fixed. Don't expect it in the next release, but in the one after that.