Re: Help DriverPacks.net get a Virtual Private Server!

Hi,
  It's quite awesome what you guys have done here. Perhaps this may help solve your Virtual Private Server issue. Site5.com has a pretty amazing 2 year deal for hosting:  http://www.site5.com/

With one-click installs of Drupal etc. smile

Good luck,
echen

LittlBUGer's server is very nice, I normally use it for autopatcher's downloads if I don't use bit-torrent. smile

I'll chip some money in anyway!

LittlBUGer wrote:

Well, as I've said to you in the past Bâshrat the Sneaky (well, a LONG time ago anyway), I'd be happy to host and/or mirror the driver packs for you on my downloads page, or maybe we could work something custom out.  I was looking at your posted stats, and that's nothing compared to what my downloads site does (I think I do a bare minimum 225GB per day in downloads).  But anyway, what I'm saying is that I can handle the load if needed.  I have an extremely powerful server (2 actually, though one is mainly for my clients while the other is just for me) and if my ads keep doing well to help generate revenue, I can also afford more bandwidth (and faster bandwidth) if necessary.  I mean I'm already paying over $850 a month for my servers and bandwidth now, what's a little more to help another community out.  wink  Please let me know if you are interested.  This is a serious offer.  My main site is: http://downloads.littlbuger.info  smile

Thank you very much for the offer, but as I've repeated at least 3 times now already, this is NOT about the download server, which is doing just fine, but about the *web* server, which needs faster and more reliable MySQL if I want to tie the different parts together (the forum & bugtracker and to be added: manual with wiki-like editing possibilities, driverDB (which includes filtering by OS, brand, device type and so on).

echen wrote:

Hi,
  It's quite awesome what you guys have done here. Perhaps this may help solve your Virtual Private Server issue. Site5.com has a pretty amazing 2 year deal for hosting:  http://www.site5.com/

With one-click installs of Drupal etc. smile

Good luck,
echen

No root access there, so I wouldn't be able to install eAccelerator or set up WebDAV, for starters.

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

Your driver packs have helped me deploy my own systems over and over again, without hassle. I'd hate to see the entire project drop off the face of the earth/love to see download speeds improve. Donated $20, hope it helps. wink

Hi Jimmsta,
every contribution helps.

Most testers here are enthusiasts, and spend money on materials to run the tests.
Bâshrat the Sneaky and the teams can use help to get some hard needed materials and licences.
I just saw that one goal was met, which should not stop people from donating so as to really get this slipstreamed.

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

Was glad to help.  Hopefully this solves one big problem, and we can move on...

smile

In regards to the nice offers to host, etc.. we run a host company, but you know what, I think the whole thing is better of if Bâshrat the Sneaky gets to do it how he wants to do it.  h*ll, the man doesn't get paid for his work, I wouldn't be opposed for him running a "damn, pay me some money" chipin.  I figure, let him use the VPS however he wants.

However, I would like to know what VPS provider he's going with wink

Last edited by tmservo433 (2007-02-11 13:15:56)

tmservo433 wrote:

Was glad to help.  Hopefully this solves one big problem, and we can move on...

smile

In regards to the nice offers to host, etc.. we run a host company, but you know what, I think the whole thing is better of if Bâshrat the Sneaky gets to do it how he wants to do it.  h*ll, the man doesn't get paid for his work, I wouldn't be opposed for him running a "damn, pay me some money" chipin.  I figure, let him use the VPS however he wants.

However, I would like to know what VPS provider he's going with wink

That's stated in the main post: WebSiteSource. If you can make a better offer, contact me! wink

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

Websitesource is solid.  I have several clients who use them.  Was glad to help smile