Re: OPEN: Automatic download function for new/updated driverpacks

BTW... we both know that muiz would allready have the pro version if it was available. wink  Muiz is a strong contributer to the DP project. :thumbsup:

That's cause i have  lots of respect for bashrat , he is not even that old , and does this all for free in his spare time.
Besides that he still  goes to school with  all the exams etc.

http://www.l33tsig.net/sig/1/muiz.png

was thinkin of an auto update wherein u dnt have to download the the whole dp package but instead only appends what's new on the latest version. some kind of a patch of some sort. that way you don't have to download large files when it comes to select DriverPacks.

If we did that then the DP Base would have to rebuild the .7z file as well. Which could take a long time.  If it didn't rebuild the .7z then the patches would take up a lot of space.  When the drivers are compressed together it saves a lot more room.

@clubcj: that would require that you always have the previously used version. Or it would imply that I'd have to create incremental updates for all previous versions. Don't think so tongue (if I'd do that, I wouldn't have a life left...). In the future (not the very close one) you will be able to select any particular driver, and therefore there won't be 'DriverPacks' anymore, at least in the current meaning of the word. Those DriverPacks would then simply be repackaged drivers, one by one instead of grouped by device type. And Siginet's remark is also very relevant. It'd really make things more complex than necessary.

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com