Topic: DriverPacks BASE 7.01.2 test: problems on my pc

first, thx bashrat for the new dpbase release and thx to all for the new DriverPacks

on my asus a8v deluxe with 1gb ram amd 3000+ (promise 378 NOT in raid, via sata NOT in raid, via pata controller) i have just tryed the newest dp-base +all off dp + all 3rd party dp
with the default settings (only the ati control option is changed)

with win2000: finally no error at all during the first install boot (first time!!, the previous times i had always some error before and the first boot stops) , i see the hard disk selection page, but, unlucky only the pata connected hds

with winxp i have a strange problem, never see it before, the mouse is jerkily during the hard disk access (not only during the boot, but eg with opening a browser page), and during the boot the first windows sound is jerkily too
this is the first times i have this problem, and i have tryed many dp release
..and the promise 378 controller is recognized but not working unless i install the asus driver , like already reported

i hope in some, appreciated, help for the mouse/sound problem (driver conflict?)
i'm avaible, obviously, for any further information and sorry for the bad language

Re: DriverPacks BASE 7.01.2 test: problems on my pc

solved the mouse and audio problem:
first i have tryed to install the realtek ac97 instead the via ac97 installed by the dp , but nothin change: problem with the mouse and audio impossible to listen (if there is an access to the hd)
reinstalled the via_hyperionpro_v510a.zip .. reboot .. all fine now: something goes wrong with dp

and bashrat, plz remember the probleme with the promise 378 controller not working in xp (driver installed but device not available, with the need of use the http://dlsvr02.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/i … 104528.zip   driver)
and via sata+promise378 not present with win2000 wink

regards and thx for your job!

Last edited by Toblerone (2007-01-16 07:15:38)