Topic: Create custom set of drivers using HWIDs?

Is there a way to take this list of HWIDs generated by save_hwids and use it create a set of drivers for the pc? I have about 50 machines I'd like to RIS this week, and it'd be nice if I didn't have to copy all the drivers out to all the different machines when I know they all have the same hardware. Thanks!

Re: Create custom set of drivers using HWIDs?

If they all have the same hardware, you could just "cherry pick" the drivers you require and delete the rest.

Personally, I install them all as you never know when they'll add a new graphics/sound/etc card!

Re: Create custom set of drivers using HWIDs?

eMpTy wrote:

Is there a way to take this list of HWIDs generated by save_hwids and use it create a set of drivers for the pc? I have about 50 machines I'd like to RIS this week, and it'd be nice if I didn't have to copy all the drivers out to all the different machines when I know they all have the same hardware. Thanks!

Copying all drivers if you're using method 2 is at the very most a matter of a couple of minutes. It's MUCH more work to optimize the total filesize than it is to wait just 2 minutes extra wink

So it's definitely not worth the effort IMHO. Unless you're adminstering a huge computer park.

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com